ipad 3 bay area CA

Discussion in 'iPad' started by pastelsoda, Mar 15, 2012.

1. pastelsoda macrumors member

For people that's waiting in line for iPad 3 in apple stores. Will you be standing out in the rain for hours during midnight during bay area storm?

2. Hoggles macrumors regular

Hoggles

You can stand inside a store instead :)

Since Walmart announced they are selling them @ 12:01am, just a little over 7 hours from now, I would imagine people who didn't preorder should check it out.

At least give yourself 2 chances to get one if Wally World sells out fast....then you jaunt over and que up in the Apple store line....if need be.

I would think there is a 24 hour Wallys in or around the Bay area?

3. xofruitcake macrumors 6502a

I would think there is a 24 hour Wallys in or around the Bay area?

but only the 16G wifi model is available for the midnight sales...

4. pastelsoda thread starter macrumors member

yeah theres walmart here but not 24 hours. Atleast in San Jose where I am. Im not really looking forward to buying in walmart since Im not really a fan of walmart in the first place haha, also buying apple products at apple store makes it feel better for some reason haha

5. qCzar macrumors regular

I'll be waiting outside Target on either McKee or Landess - since I'm between the two - at around 7:30. If it rains, it rains. There's no way I'd want to be apart of those massive lines at an Apple store.

When do you plan to line up?

6. bidwalj macrumors 65816

My plan is to head over to the palo alto apple store around 4am fully with my raiders rain game gear. I figure if the line is long, I'll wait it. If not, I'll wait in my car for a bit.

Sadly I preordered a 16 gb. Had a 32gb iPad 2 and didnt realize I only had 7 gigs left

7. crapbag8 macrumors member

That's the Apple magic effect! Also, if you need a bag, Apple's are better than Walmart's?

8. pastelsoda thread starter macrumors member

i plan on going to either Valley Fair or Oakridge mall, I always went to oak ridge for the past 2 apple product launches. I pad 1 and iPhone 4s, but maybe i ll try valley fair

9. bidwalj macrumors 65816

What time do you plan on going? Valley fair sounds like a better rain proof plan.

10. pastelsoda thread starter macrumors member

hm..since i get off class at 9pm depending on how tired i am after lol. But most of the time its like at 12am-1am

11. neutrino23, Mar 15, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2012

neutrino23 macrumors 68000

I asked about iPads at AT&T in San Mateo and they said they would not have them on Friday. Surprising.

I'll probably go to the Burlingame store around 5:00AM. From past experience the line starts growing quickly after 6:00 AM. I've heard that the lines at the Stockton street store are insane, but they also get a good supply.

Any guesses as to how many iPads will be available tomorrow? When the iPad 2 came out supplies were very tight. After the first day they only got about 15-20 units per day.

I'm guessing that tomorrow they'll have at least 100 per store. Seems like it would be bad press if they had long lines and only a few units per store. Plus, with the iPad going on sale in nine countries that reduces the likelihood of people standing in line just to send them overseas.

According to the forecast rain doesn't start till Friday afternoon.

12. pastelsoda thread starter macrumors member

13. bidwalj macrumors 65816

I called the store and right now they don't have a line. The line will be outside from what i understand. I don't know what time the mall opens or how they will handle it.

14. KevinC867 macrumors 6502a

Nope. Waiting in line the entire day there to pick up my pre-ordered iPhone 4 was an "interesting" experience, but not one I plan to repeat.

It was pretty funny. I entered the mall from the rear, went to the Apple store and saw a short line. I was surprised. However, I soon found out that the real line was outside. I went out the door turned left and walked the entire length of the mall to reach the tail of the line. Doh!

Hopefully, the iPad 3 line won't be as bad, and hopefully they will be able to form it inside the mall if it's raining tomorrow. Good luck and have fun. :)

15. neutrino23 macrumors 68000

Drove by the Burlingame Apple store at 11:30 PM. 18 people lined up.

16. PurpleHeart macrumors member

in THIS weather ?

It's been raining non stop since Sunday...

I preordered mine online .. and will wait for the Fedex truck to come by ... at the comfort of my home :)

I've done the whole lining up thing for iPad before... and to be frank, it was cold and I did not have much fun :(

17. Paulshaqz macrumors 6502a

i did the same thing waited 8 hours in line.