Ipad 3 bought on Oct. 13

honeyrose

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 20, 2011
So I got the ipad 3 for my birthday on Saturday Oct. 13. I am still in the 14 day return policy. Should I return and cop the new ipad 4? :confused::mad:

Edit at 6:00 pm cmt

I called the apple store where I purchased the ipad 3. The tech guy said I can return it before my 14 day return policy is up, they'll give me a refund. I can either preorder it Friday October 27 or wait and purchase the 4th on Nov. 2.

Last edited:

nfl46

macrumors 604
Oct 5, 2008
Yes! If you within the period, why would you keep the iPad 3? That's a no brainer.

Comment

hkfan24

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2012
First and foremost,

Refrain from the using the word "cop."

Secondly it's a no brainer to return what you have and get the newer model at no additional cost.

Comment

F123D

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2008
Del Mar, CA
Yes.

Unfortunately, sucks for everyone else who bought 14 or 30 days ago depending where they purchased.

Comment

geek36

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2012
@OP

you were aware of the new apple announcement today and yet you still buy the previous version of it? it doesn't makes sense. just have it returned then wait a couple of weeks to buy the ipad 4

Comment

Troneas

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2011
At the alternatives section.
@OP

you were aware of the new apple announcement today and yet you still buy the previous version of it? it doesn't makes sense. just have it returned then wait a couple of weeks to buy the ipad 4
ok this is the second time i saw someone claim this...

can you please show me WHERE prior to today did you find hints of a new and improved iPad? let alone 15 days ago?

the announcement was supposed to be centered around a 13 inch macbook pro and a mini ipad...

Comment

F123D

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2008
Del Mar, CA
ok this is the second time i saw someone claim this...

Can you please show me where prior to today did you find hints of a new and improved ipad? Let alone 15 days ago?

The announcement was supposed to be centered around a 13 inch macbook pro and a mini ipad...
+1

Comment

henjin

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2007
So I got the ipad 3 for my birthday on Saturday Oct. 13. I am still in the 14 day return policy. Should I return and cop the new ipad 4? :confused::mad:
Go to any Apple store or call Customer Care at 1-800-MY-APPLE and get an RMA. Under no circumstances keep this iPad. I received a refund on Sunday and now feel vindicated. The CPU was slow, it got too hot and I would have ended up with an old paper weight. Yes it works but the CPU is worth returning the iPAD3.

I'd also wait until March as there could be an iPAD5 as by then MS Surface Pro will be having an impact.

You owe Apple nothing and remember this is an expensive product and when CEO receives his fat Bonus do not let it be on your back.

RETURN IT: Apple is very good about returns.

Comment

honeyrose

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 20, 2011
Go to any Apple store or call Customer Care at 1-800-MY-APPLE and get an RMA. Under no circumstances keep this iPad. I received a refund on Sunday and now feel vindicated. The CPU was slow, it got too hot and I would have ended up with an old paper weight. Yes it works but the CPU is worth returning the iPAD3.

I'd also wait until March as there could be an iPAD5 as by then MS Surface Pro will be having an impact.

You owe Apple nothing and remember this is an expensive product and when CEO receives his fat Bonus do not let it be on your back.

RETURN IT: Apple is very good about returns.

Yes, I will be calling! And yes, it gets really got. I would stream a movie and within 30 minutes, it is quite hot.

Comment

ThatsMeRight

macrumors 68020
Sep 12, 2009
I definitely would. The thing is, the iPad 3 is great, but the iPad 4's got a better front facing camera (much better), probably is more energy-efficient (so better battery life) (but that's not certain yet) and most importantely of all: the A6X chip.

I think the iPad 4 might last until iOS 8, while they could easily kill the iPad 3 off after iOS 7 (or heck, even before that, because Apple's policy is: if it isn't on sale, no software updates will be provided).

You get a drastically superior iPad - get it.

Comment

honeyrose

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 20, 2011

I called the apple store where I purchased the ipad 3. The tech guy said I can return it before my 14 day return policy is up, they'll give me a refund. I can either preorder it Friday October 27 or wait and purchase the 4th on Nov. 2.
Yes, I will return my ipad3 Friday.

Comment

Andrew K.

macrumors 65816
Jul 9, 2008

Apple is allowing ALL iPad 3 customers a 30 day window to return it.

Comment

Josh125

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2008
Katy, TX
Yes, and mine are going back. Buy at Target next time to get the 45 policy. Likely wont matter on this purchase, though.

Comment

Rhyalus

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2011
Apple is allowing ALL iPad 3 customers a 30 day window to return it.
Hi, can you share a source on this?

The thing is, I am quite happy with my ipad 3 that I bought 16 days ago... I would like the better camera, for sure.

R

Comment

Glockcubed

macrumors member
May 24, 2011
Totally a No Brainer. i received my iPad3 on Oct.8. I returned mine tonight with out any problem at all. Same price, faster processing, better camera, faster wifi, etc. in about two weeks I will have the 4:)

Comment

GrandPhrase

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2012
Definitely.. should be no reason not to.

Adds feature without removing any - in the same package

Comment