ipad 3 case and keyboard

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by rrmoore73, Mar 8, 2012.

1. rrmoore73 macrumors member

Hell.
    This is my first iPad (the 3/HD or whatever you want to call it). What cover/case and wireless keyboard would you guys recommend. I dont mind getting the ones from the apple store, but I know the $5 bumper i bought off the street for my iphone works just as well as the $20 in the store.
    Thanks, Ronnie

2. ScubaCinci macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

I can't answer your question specifically but I'll say that since you have not owned an iPAd before, unless you absolutley know you'll use the keyboard, wait to see what comes out while you spend some time using it. You may find that you don't really need it.
    When I bought my iPad (original) I bought the Apple KB and I have used it all of one time in the past few years. I thought I would use it but 99% it's just as easy to type on the screen since I'm not writing anything of significant length.

3. rrmoore73 thread starter macrumors member

Im in a few college courses, so Im assuming I will need the keyboard. :rolleyes: Woul you like to sell yours?

Any ideas on cases/ covers anyone?

Thanks, Ronnie

4. Aznsensation45 macrumors regular

I am in the same predicament. There are so many choices out there for keyfolios. Anyone have any suggestions are great!

5. ekwipt macrumors 6502a

Personally i'd just use the apple wireless one or the Keyboard dock if you want to prop it up during class.

6. diane143 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Amazon has the Kensington one on sale today only. Have not used: just saw the email

7. mortenandersen macrumors 6502

Satisffied with the ZAGGfolio

The first poster needs a case with a keyboard to the iPad. The best case and keyboard (both separately valued and as a combo) that I have came across, is the ZAGGfolio. It sort of turns the iPad easily into a small laptop, and the iPad can be taken out of the case without much time or effort. The BT keyboard attached to (put into) the case has a very impressive battery time too. (BTW: I have no affiliation with the company that makes this product. But I am very satisfied with it.)

8. WaveJam macrumors newbie

I have tested a bunch of iPad cases and I found that if you buy just a seperate keyboard to use with your iPad, you never use it becuase its a separate item to get out and use (I too have the Apple Keyboard). Whereas if you get a case with a keyboard built in, its always there and ready to use with your ipad. My second favorite case is the Kensington case mentioned above (I think the Zagg case is similar). http://www.amazon.com/Kensington-Ap...1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1331467523&sr=1-1-catcorr

But my absolute favorite is the Clamcase. http://www.clamcase.com With the Kensington, you have to kind of do this flip and fold thing to open the case. The Clamcase just opens like a laptop. I think the Kensington (and Zagg) are more elegant looking. But function wise, I like the Clamcase far better. :)

9. TC25 macrumors 68020

No, the Zagg is not similar to the Kensington. The Kensington has the rubbery keyboard, the Zagg does not.

The Clamcase is great if you don't mind a HUGE case that more than doubles the weight of the iPad.

10. oicaptain macrumors newbie

I purchased the Kingston keyboard/case for my ipad 1 and I HATED it. The keys are of course rubber so everytime I would type a letter it would register extra, double, or unnecessary letters. ie, 'appple' instead of 'apple'. I usually type really hard so I tried typing without much force and it would still do that for me.

For the iPad 3, I've invested in the zaggfolio because the keys aren't rubber and I love their look.

http://www.retailmenot.com/view/zagg.com
    Check this for 20-25% coupons.
    I saved 20%! Only paid $80 for the newest zaggfolio.

11. Romanesq macrumors 6502a

Romanesq

NEW Trent

Really did like the all in one design of the NEW Trent. It protected my iPad 2 and had a cool design allowing you to easily flip to landscape or vertical while secured.

Don't think that mold will work in the new iPad. Curious about the Zagg but don't see the codes working on their site. :confused:

The code! The code!

12. oicaptain macrumors newbie

Oh that's weird. I think the code I used was "iJailbreak"

On retailmenot it says,
    "Saved $20.00 on ipad 3 zaggfolio (03/08/2012)
    Posted anonymously 3 days ago"

They probably took that away. I would keep checking back because people find new coupons, especially with zagg. I know amazon will have them in stock for much cheaper sooner or later.

13. NJRonbo macrumors 68000

Would also be thankful for any codes posted for the ZaggFolio

14. Romanesq macrumors 6502a

Romanesq

15. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

On folio page says coupons don't work with it

16. neweipadfan macrumors member

waiting on the mailman to deliver my new zagg today now i have to wait till friday for its mate.

----------

That is true, very true,

17. vulsker macrumors newbie

Yeah, I was attempting to order two of the zaggfolios but non of the coupon codes work! :(

18. Ojitos84 macrumors newbie

Anybody have this?

http://adonit.net/product/writer2-plus/

I have the Adonit writer 2 and I really liked the keyboard feel, but the battery requirement got really annoying, this new one fixed that problem and not you can plug it in to recharge it. A lot of people also complained about how close together and cramped the keys were, looks like they fixed that as well!

Looks promising!

19. ipadfreak macrumors regular

Won't work with the new iPad, I got it today, and it barely fits my iPad two, which means it won't fit the new one

20. Ojitos84 macrumors newbie

That sucks! Do you like it for the ipad2? How does it type?

21. ipadfreak macrumors regular

I really like it! I hope they make one for the iPad 3