iPad 3 casuing Wall Street to Pump Apple to $589.58!

Buildbright

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 25, 2011
The iPad 3 is causing Wall Street to pump the Apple Stock. If it keeps it up we could hit $700 dollars a share by years end.

Last edited:

LostSoul80

macrumors 68020
Jan 25, 2009
The iPad 3 is causing Wall Street to pump the Apple Stock. If it keeps it up we could hot $700 dollars a share by years end.
That's speculation. $700 is quite far in my opinion. Not that stocks always grow like that anyways. :rolleyes:

Buildbright

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 25, 2011
That's speculation. $700 is quite far in my opinion. Not that stocks always grow like that anyways. :rolleyes:
Of course it is. That’s what people do in the stock market Speculate. If you knew for a fact what’s was going to happen, you would be psychic. :rolleyes:

Apples riding the bull and the only I think that can stop them is Apple themselves.

scupking

macrumors 6502a
Dec 14, 2010
I can see Apple getting to $700 if they keep doing what they are doing. I know Apple will continue to do great but I always wonder how far Apple would be in ten years if Steve was still around..

wirelessness

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2010
Apples riding the bull and the only I think that can stop them is Apple themselves.

Actually the only thing that might stop Apple is the US Government. It's not been getting much attention but the investigation in to price fixing eBooks could lead to an Anti-Trust lawsuit against Apple similar to what happened to Microsoft. That would be bad.

mcl

macrumors regular
Dec 5, 2002
Ex apple employee here who got in at $68

10% of my checks went into the stock plan for 4 years

awesome times :D
Don't feel bad. I used to have a bunch of Apple stock at $13/share. I sold it during the first big dot-com crash, only made a few dollars a share.

That'll teach me.

Jameswma

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2010
ipad 3 was not the driving force to apple's all time highs. if you actually look at the day and time the iPad 3 was announced, apple shares actually fell due to disappointing announcements.

today's highs were mainly because of the millions of option contracts that were executed.

wirelessness

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2010
Analyst are also seeing the huge demand the for the New iPad with pre-orders being sold out. Apple's numbers for this quarter are going to be staggering.

Last edited:

Buildbright

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 25, 2011
Actually the only thing that might stop Apple is the US Government. It's not been getting much attention but the investigation in to price fixing eBooks could lead to an Anti-Trust lawsuit against Apple similar to what happened to Microsoft. That would be bad.
Microsoft owned almost all the marketshare. Except for the iPad Apple is not the marketshare leader. Apple just knows how to make more money with less marketshare. But the Government could go after APPLE you are right.

wirelessness

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2010
Microsoft owned almost all the marketshare. Except for the iPad Apple is not the marketshare leader. Apple just knows how to make more money with less marketshare. But the Government could go after APPLE you are right.
The government IS going after Apple insofar as they are under investigation for fixing the price of eBooks.

iohass

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2012
Canada
I got in at 386 but it's really tempting to get out... on the other hand these price targets of 700 are also hard to say no to..

whtrbt7

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2011
I'm estimating Apple's price to go to at least $1020 if there's no split. Anyone think the shares will split?

erandall38

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2007
People were kind of expecting iPads to sell out... like usual.

Bullish market + more divined rumors by big banks as well as price target increases are what "claims" to be behind the move yesterday and today.