iPad 3 Charging Question

Discussion in 'iPad' started by That-Guy, Sep 25, 2012.

1. That-Guy macrumors 6502a

That-Guy

My girlfriend has a 16gb WiFi Only iPad 3 or "New iPad" if thats what you want to call it.

Anyway down to the question, when it charges to 100% it now comes up saying "Not Charging" I have never seen it do this before, I always thought it just said "100%" and I going nuts or is this normal?

Just thought I would double check while it still has a warranty :)

2. Byeen macrumors member

Byeen

This is definitely not normal, if your iPad is charged on 100%, it should continuously discharge and charge it to save your battery. Something is wrong I'd say. Did you try to turn it off and on again ? :)

3. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Just to be sure this is using the iPad wall wart charger?

4. Rodster macrumors 68040

I had a similar problem on a non Apple tablet. It was more of a glitch. It wouldn't accept a charge. I turned off the tablet, then turned it back on and never had another problem.

I would try that first. If you feel nervous, I would get another one from Apple or the retailer you bought it from.

5. That-Guy thread starter macrumors 6502a

That-Guy

Tried turning it off and on again, it first started happening on iOS 5.1.1 so I did a restore to factory settings and updated to iOS 6 at the same time but it still happens.

I have tried a new USB lead and also tried charging from the computer but it still says not charging while at 100% :confused:

I purchased from the apple website so should I sort the fault out online or go to an Apple Store?