ipad 3 Compatible Printer

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ununo, Apr 29, 2012.

1. ununo macrumors newbie

I'm buying a new printer and I want to make sure that it works with my ipad 3. Can anyone tell me if this one will do the trick (specs I may not be aware of) and any other recommendations? THX

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005IVL0ZK

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

3. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

I didn't realize there were any issues at all. As soon as I purchased my HP Envy, I was able to print anywhere with any Apple iDevice, in addition to my MBP, regardless of any version changes, model/generation, etc.

I'm assuming here that Wireless isn't Airprint?

Wireless ≠ Airprint ?

4. NewtonApple macrumors member

Yep, my friend has the Epson and it works good. I purchased the latest wireless HP and it works well, too. It is a nice feature.

5. takeshi74 macrumors 601

AirPrint is wireless. Not all wireless is AirPrint. Hence the list of AirPrint printers linked above.

Model matters, not just brand. Again, the list of AirPrint printers is linked above. Not all HP's and not all Epson's are AirPrint.

6. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

7. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I have the model below the OP's link, the 535W, works completely wire free, (except for the power cord of course) Howver, there was a thread last week about the model in your link refusing to connect properly with long wifi network passwords. Epson were reported as due to release a hardware fix, and may have done so by now.

My 535 works with all three Macs, my iPad and iPhone without issues.

8. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

I agree.

Just find the best AirPrint capable printer you can find and buy it. Like I said in my previous post, my HP ENVY has worked through previous generations of iPad/iPhone and my MBP. It prints whatever is sent to it. If friends and family are with me and I let them connect to my network, their device also prints on my HP Envy. Never had one single issue since I purchased it. Also, it scans and copies. It is incredibly slim for an all-in-one printer with a glossy black color that it blends on the bottom shelf of my end table in my living room.

9. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Forgot to mention....The Epsons come with the ability to print from any of your devices wherever you happen to be....A bit of a gimmick I know, basically you allocate an email address for your printer, then add the email addresses you wish to allow the printer to accept. A buddy in MA and I had a lot of fun with this, sending each other photos and stuff at inappropriate times of the night...My printer is on a desk in my bedroom, so was bound to wake me up..:) I have found more sensible uses for it since though.

10. dmccloud macrumors 6502a

dmccloud

I have an Epson Workforce 520, and all I had to do for my iPhone/iPad was to download the Epson print app and put the printer on my wireless network. Now I can print to it from any of my computers or my iOS devices, and it's no different than being directly connected to the printer.