All iPads iPad 3 dropped, Replacement question.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Jazwire, May 20, 2013.

1. Jazwire macrumors 6502a

Jazwire

I bought the iPad3 when it first came out, and bought it with the replacement plan. I dropped it over the weekend, and it did chip the screen a bit and there is a hair line crack.

My question is what are they (typically) replacing iPad3's with now, does anyone know?

Will i just get another iPad3 or will I get a iPad4?

Reason I ask is motivation :), if its another iPad3 , i'll just deal with it for awhile. If its a 4, I'll go swap it out in the next few days.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Depends upon stock. You'd have a better chance for a 4 if the 5 were out. You could always go in and see I suppose. You could also get it, sell it off and buy the 4 if that is what you want.

3. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

typically, they replace like for like. same color, same capacity, same everything. the only way you don't get another three is if they don't have stock. whether you wait now or later, i see it as unlikely. it's possible, but unlikely.

4. paulbennett95 macrumors 6502a

paulbennett95

Find the phone numbers of some Apple Stores near you and call and see if they have the same iPad you have in stock.
    If they don't, go in and ask for a replacement, when they don't have the type you have, they may just have to bump up your storage or give you a 4.

Or you'll just get one in a different color, or they'll make you wait for a replacement in the mail.