iPad 3 effects in iOS 7

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Sdreed91, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Sdreed91 macrumors 6502

Is it true that the blur features and other visual features that are being prominently touted for iOS 7 aren't available on a device that is little over a year old?

The features being ones like the Blur effect etc?

2. iCarabma macrumors 6502

It is true that they are not working on this build. What's not known is whether or not it is a choice or a bug.

In the release notes that many sites have broken NDA and posted it talks about all the features that are not going to the iPhone 4. It doesn't say anything about blur being left out of iPad 3.

This build feels buggy than the previous ones.

Basically, like almost everything with beta, hold your judgement until there is something to judge. We will wait and see.

3. SakuraSuki macrumors 6502

I also feel it is bug. Disable blur and other effect just on iPad 2 and iPad 3 but not on other A5 devices makes no sense to me. Beta 4 clearly runs better than this build. I do hope these effects return on beta 6

4. Blue Sun, Aug 7, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2013

Blue Sun macrumors 6502a

If this isn't a bug, it is absolutely pathetic from Apple. For the iPad 2, it is kind of acceptable given that the device is quite old now, but the iPad 3rd gen was released in March of last year. Dropping GUI elements for both devices at the same time doesn't make sense and is a massive disappointment for 3rd gen iPad owners.

Fingers crossed this is a bug, we will have to wait for the GM to know for sure though.

5. MinEderPlayz macrumors 6502a

MinEderPlayz

There is no problem with these effects on iPad 2 either... running on b4 as my main device, everything looks fancy, and there's no problem with lag.