iPad-3 given to Apple for Service am Paranoid !

Discussion in 'iPad' started by augustya, Mar 28, 2016.

1. augustya macrumors 68020

augustya

When people here give their iPad which is in Pristine Condition for service to Apple, not a single scratch not on the screen nor at the back. Do they not get paranoid about these Apple guys giving one ? What if there is one which comes from these Apple guys while handling the device while in repair in their custody ? I have had to give my iPad-3 to Apple to get iOS 9.3 re-installed and Infact even the guy at Apple Lauded how pristine condition my iPad-3 was (Mind you 4 years old) and I am really petrified thinking what if these guys give one scratch to my otherwise pristine screen and condition.

Don't you guys get paranoid about Apple spoiling the condition while handling the device in repair about manhandling it :eek: Yes I want it repaired but I have babied it ! I don't want anyone to manhandle it !

2. jbachandouris macrumors 601

jbachandouris

No fear at all. If they mess it up, they will have to replace it and since the iPad 3 is not being made, you'll most likely be upgraded...if they mess up.

3. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Why did you have to hand it in to have 9.3 installed?

4. augustya, Mar 28, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2016

augustya thread starter macrumors 68020

augustya

But do they take precautions or I know they have like thousand of devices to handle so it is just one among those thousands but still...
    --- Post Merged, Mar 28, 2016 ---
    I tried doing twice through iTunes on my own and once through OTA it is not happening, it is not going through. And now not available to me neither on iTunes nor OTA.

5. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

It shouldn't have required handing the device in that's unusual unless there is a hardware issue which would be mentioned when they tested the device during your appointment.