Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

augustya

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 17, 2012
When people here give their iPad which is in Pristine Condition for service to Apple, not a single scratch not on the screen nor at the back. Do they not get paranoid about these Apple guys giving one ? What if there is one which comes from these Apple guys while handling the device while in repair in their custody ? I have had to give my iPad-3 to Apple to get iOS 9.3 re-installed and Infact even the guy at Apple Lauded how pristine condition my iPad-3 was (Mind you 4 years old) and I am really petrified thinking what if these guys give one scratch to my otherwise pristine screen and condition.

Don't you guys get paranoid about Apple spoiling the condition while handling the device in repair about manhandling it :eek: Yes I want it repaired but I have babied it ! I don't want anyone to manhandle it !

jbachandouris

macrumors 603
Aug 18, 2009
Upstate NY
No fear at all. If they mess it up, they will have to replace it and since the iPad 3 is not being made, you'll most likely be upgraded...if they mess up.

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
When people here give their iPad which is in Pristine Condition for service to Apple, not a single scratch not on the screen nor at the back. Do they not get paranoid about these Apple guys giving one ? What if there is one which comes from these Apple guys while handling the device while in repair in their custody ? I have had to give my iPad-3 to Apple to get iOS 9.3 re-installed and Infact even the guy at Apple Lauded how pristine condition my iPad-3 was (Mind you 4 years old) and I am really petrified thinking what if these guys give one scratch to my otherwise pristine screen and condition.

Don't you guys get paranoid about Apple spoiling the condition while handling the device in repair about manhandling it :eek: Yes I want it repaired but I have babied it ! I don't want anyone to manhandle it !
Why did you have to hand it in to have 9.3 installed?

augustya

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 17, 2012
But do they take precautions or I know they have like thousand of devices to handle so it is just one among those thousands but still...
[doublepost=1459165375][/doublepost]
Why did you have to hand it in to have 9.3 installed?

I tried doing twice through iTunes on my own and once through OTA it is not happening, it is not going through. And now not available to me neither on iTunes nor OTA.

Last edited:

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
But do they take precautions or I know they have like thousand of devices to handle so it is just one among those thousands but still...
[doublepost=1459165375][/doublepost]

I tried doing twice through iTunes on my own and once through OTA it is not happening, it is not going through. And now not available to me neither on iTunes nor OTA.
It shouldn't have required handing the device in that's unusual unless there is a hardware issue which would be mentioned when they tested the device during your appointment.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.