iPad 3 Going on Sale on March 9th?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MyiBill, Feb 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. old-wiz macrumors G3

No one outside of Apple knows for sure. Apple is more secretive than the Pentagon even though people that leak Apple secrets can't be shot.

2. WLS macrumors 65816

I say the event will be March 7 (first Wednesday in March) with the IOS5 update dropping on the 9th. Availability will be the 16th - the next weeks Friday like last year

3. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

I do know Apple has been sitting on the latest build of 5.1 for a month now. That is odd.

4. MyiBill thread starter macrumors 6502

I was thinking it would be the Wednesday the 29th and release on the 9th. The 9th is the same friday as last year.

5. WLS, Feb 8, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2012

WLS macrumors 65816

But apple insiders said there would NOT be a media event in Feb.

6. berkleeboy210 macrumors 68000

Recently there was a report that no event would be held in Feb. It would be early March.

----------

The good thing is Feb. is the shortest month of the year so we shouldn't have too much longer to wait either way :)

7. MyiBill thread starter macrumors 6502

Are those the same reports that "confirmed" and iPhone "5" with 4" screen and teardrop design?

8. WLS macrumors 65816

Right but the bad thing is the first Wednesday in March is not until the 7th. I think we can agree any event is going to be a Wednesday or Tuesday.

9. WLS, Feb 9, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2012

WLS macrumors 65816

It's official! The iPad3 media event is " the first week in March" Now you can argue that the 1st & 2nd (Thursday and Friday ) might qualify but most people would take that to mean the first full week in March which is the 5th - 9th ,so the media event is most likely the 6th or the 7th.
    :D

PS: The wednesday is "open" at the Yerba Buena Center or at least they are not saying who has reserved it.

10. sammich, Feb 9, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2012
  11. ericg301 macrumors 6502a

iPads/iPhones will NEVER be released on the same day they're announced because they have to be approved by the FCC (at least the ones with cellular chips). But once a device is submitted, those documents become public. In order to maintain secrecy, Apple doesn't submit devices for approval until AFTER (or RIGHT before) they're publicly announced.

12. AllenA07 macrumors newbie

I hope there is some truth to this. I've been wanting to get into the tablet market for a few months now and I'm ready to be done waiting. I had orignially gone with the Transformer Prime but had enough bad luck with it that I decided to wait for the iPad 3.

13. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.