iPad 3 has started flickering when I turn it on

Discussion in 'iPad' started by class77, Sep 7, 2012.

1. class77 macrumors 6502a

class77

Like the title says, my iPad has started flickering for a split second when turning on or sometimes when opening an application. It does not last long and has just started. Is this the start of something going bad on the iPad?

2. Rodster macrumors 68040

I'd give Apple a call or make an appointment with a genius if you have a store in your area. That doesn't sound normal.

3. class77 thread starter macrumors 6502a

class77

At this point in time, it's not repeatable enough to take it to the Genius. I know it's doing it, but I'm not sure it will do it on command.....I'm just wondering what it might be.

4. ARSC macrumors 6502

5. class77 thread starter macrumors 6502a

class77

It's an iPad 3 and I never jailbreak any of my Apple stuff.

6. ARSC macrumors 6502

Fix an appointment right away.

7. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

No hurry since he/she has at least several more months of warranty and seems to be an intermittent annoyance at most. If it gets worse then he/she will have a better chance of the problem happening at the Apple store.

8. adamlee macrumors newbie

I'd probably wait for a couple months especially with how busy apple will be with the iphone 5

9. Mreddielu macrumors newbie

I would find out what triggers it to the best of your ability, and then reproduce it at the genius bar. I had a backlight issue that goes away when i apply pressure to the top right corner. Do try to replicate it and get a good iPad as soon as you can. Your warranty does not reset when you change iPad's as far as I know...

10. Skika macrumors 68030

If you can, record it and make a collage out of it.