iPad 3 - headaches using it, question

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by murderedmymuse, Oct 12, 2012.

1. murderedmymuse macrumors newbie

I just bought an iPad 3 a week ago. I'm unable to use it even for 15 minutes before getting eye strain and headaches. Has anyone else experienced this?

For background, I've owned and used an iPad 1 for two years, used it six hours every night with no problems at all, reading ebooks, reading forums, playing games, watching youtube. I also use a computer for several hours a day, no problems with reading the screen as well. Also, I never get headaches.

Until now, with the iPad 3. I played around with the brightness levels on the iPad 3. I've used sepia tones reading ebooks. I used different light light sources in different places in the room, at different light levels. And this is much worse in the daytime, with natural light. It's not my eyes, as I turned off my iPad 3 and have been using my iPad 1 the last fifteen minutes to write this and my headache has eased right off.

Has anyone experienced this after using the iPad 3? Yet have they been okay to use a iPad 1 or iPad 2? I ask this, as I may return the iPad 3 and swap it for an iPad 2. Do you think an iPad 2 will be okay on my eyes, if a iPad 1 is okay on my eyes?

Also, this is a valid reason to return the iPad 3, isn't it? The product is unusable. I've googled this and other people are having problems with the iPad 3, and also a certain Mac computer that uses a retina screen (some of the info I found on this forum).

I'm interested in your experiences with this.

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

3. murderedmymuse thread starter macrumors newbie

No. My eyes are great.

I've now been using my old iPad 1 for an hour and a half trying to research this. My headache is gone. My eyes strain is gone. I can use an iPad 1, use a computer screen, read a small print book, no problems at all.

The only time the headaches and eye strain has ever happened to me is the last week when I was on the new iPad 3.

4. jimmy575 macrumors member

Hell yes. This is your money. You said you bought it a week ago, so you should be within the 14 day return policy.

They probably cannot exchange under warranty, but you should be under your return policy.

5. murderedmymuse thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm in Australia, and I rang the store I bought it from - they said they would refund it. Fingers crossed it goes well tomorrow.

Thanks for all your answers.