iPad 3 Ideal Buying Time

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by iGeek X, Mar 16, 2012.

1. iGeek X macrumors newbie

I didn't have the time to go out and get the iPad 3 on opening day, but I really want one as soon as possible. When would be the ideal time to go the Mall of America Apple Store when it isn't packed with iPad 3 customers?

Thanks in advance.

2. deeddawg macrumors 604

3. craig45 macrumors member

I was at a local mall this morning that has an Apple Store, AT&T store, Verizon store and Best Buy Mobile store. The Apple Store seemed to have a long, but fairly fast moving line; AT&T (next door to Apple) had a much shorter line but wasn't open as early, while the Verizon and Best Buy Mobile had absolutely no lines.

Wonder why so many people stood in line at Apple, when they could have saved probably a hour or more at the other locations?:confused:

4. iGeek X thread starter macrumors newbie

@ deeddawg

No, I was thinking more like tomorrow or the next day or maybe in a week, I don't know ^^;

5. johnc22 macrumors 6502

I went to my local Best Buy (in midtown Atlanta, tons of young people live around here) to get another for my brother in law's birthday. I got there around 7:30PM and there was one person in line ahead of me. I easily got a 32GB VZW White iPad, no hassle at all. I'd check Best Buy. I also heard one of the guys there say they had a new shipment coming in a few days if they didn't have what you wanted. I think Apple has ramped up inventory much better than last year.

6. csjcsj macrumors member

csjcsj

If you want an LTE model, the easiest thing is not to go to a mall but to go to either Verizon or AT&T store. Yesterday,there were 4 of us waiting in line at the Verizon store. No wait, no problem, no mall parking to deal with.

7. deeddawg macrumors 604

Generally speaking, there seemed to be a LOT more stock in stores. My point was it seems there's still in-store stock at Apple stores so I'm not sure there's a particular time that's better than another.

Looks like Target's fairly well sold out, but Best Buy may have stock depending on what model you want. Check BestBuy.com and look at the pick up in store option. (Do NOT let those buggers activate your data service)

The only thing I'd say is it is unknown how soon they'll restock retail outlets, so I'd get what you're after sooner vs later.

8. bajaracing macrumors member

My local radio shack had most models & colors in stock today..