iPad 3/iOS 6.0.1 Battery?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by HMI, Nov 12, 2012.

1. HMI macrumors 6502a

HMI

I'm starting to wonder about the charge/discharge times on my iPad 3 while on iOS 6.0.1.

I don't have any screenshots at the moment, but it seems to be taking a lot longer to charge and a lot less time to die under my normal use.

Anyone else have the similar experience?

P.S. I did the OTA update, I'm starting to wonder if I have to avoid those from now on, and do everything through iTunes. I had a similar issue going from iOS 4 to iOS 5.

2. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

Did you change chargers? The iPhone charger will charge an iPad a lot slower than the charger that comes with the iPad. Also, OTA is just fine. You'd be getting the same update from iTunes.

3. AppleAlfred macrumors member

OTA should be fine, but that being said I would try a restore as a first step. It can never hurt right.

4. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

Not at all. OP, just make sure to make a backup first. You don't want to lose all of your data.

5. karemabyte01 macrumors newbie

There is only way that can help your iPad is charge your iPad is with the included 10W USB Power Adapter. iPad will also charge, although more slowly, when attached to a computer with a high-power USB port (many recent Mac computers) or with an iPhone Power Adapter (5W). When attached to a computer via a standard USB port (most PCs or older Mac computers) iPad will charge very slowly (but iPad indicates not charging).

6. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

You could also use the new 12w Power Adapter from Apple.