iPad 3 iOS 8

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by zyzz25, Oct 24, 2014.

1. zyzz25 macrumors newbie

since i updated my ipad 3 to ios 8, its that slow. browsing in safari is unacceptable. opening and closing tabs takes a few minutes and so on...

is there a way to downgrade to ios 7? i heard that apple doestn allow it

2. lovewd macrumors 6502

lovewd

Works fine for me. My iPad wasbt that great on 7. And you heard correctly. There is no way

3. NashMan2 macrumors regular

I passed on my ipad3 when my new air 2 arrived. It was also way too slow. It was also almost totally full. Usage was approximately 24gb on my 3. Interestingly moving all that same stuff to the air 2 is taking 14gb. I don't understand that.
    I wiped it clean and started fresh downloading fewer apps. It is running much better.

4. Wando64 macrumors 6502

A few minutes?
    So, how many minutes exactly?
    A few minutes implies more than two, otherwise you would have said, a couple of minutes.
    Can you post a video of you waiting a few minutes while your tabs open and close?
    :cool:

5. Michal Grycki macrumors newbie

In my opinion you shouldn't install iOS8 on iPad 3.I have it on my iPad Retina and works worse than with 7.

6. jhfenton macrumors 6502a

jhfenton

8.1 works fine on an iPad 3. There's a little bit of lag switching programs, but it's not substantially worse than iOS 7. And how much time do you actually spend switching programs. Once you're in an app, everything is fine.

Heck, iOS 8.1 works reasonably well on my wife's iPad 2 and my iPod Touch 5th gen.

7. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

Try iOS 8.1....
    It should work just fine with your iPad 3.

----------

Actually even one minute for open a tab is hardly believable ;)

8. mikeo007 macrumors 65816

It's no worse than 7 for me. The big performance hit came after moving from 6 to 7 though.

9. Solver macrumors 6502a

On my wife's iPad 3, Safari's typing in some text fields slowed to a crawl in iOS 8. She also had some 50 plus tabs open. The over speed markedly improved after clearing cache data and history in the Safari Settings.

10. mullet4evr macrumors newbie

iOS 6 to iOS 8.1?

Does anyone have any thoughts on updating my iPad 3 that is still on iOS 6 to iOS 8.1?

I haven't really had much of a problem with it, but since iOS 8 has come out, I find some apps have updates, but don't show in App Store and a couple apps have gotten a little buggy (force closes) after they were updated.

Thanks in advance.