Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Dextor143

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 28, 2008
USA
Everything was working fine, I had my iPad jail broken since absinthe 2.0 came out. I had to uninstall sbsetting for it work fine.

Now I have no idea what is going on

Check these pics,

Nothing is showing correctly. Any suggestion?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339353801.403310.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339353801.403310.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 205
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339353813.544997.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339353813.544997.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 191
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339353825.097786.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339353825.097786.jpg
    802.2 KB · Views: 186

Dextor143

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 28, 2008
USA
I was using the iPad and it was all fine and all of a sudden this happened.

Comment

Vctr

macrumors regular
May 24, 2012
It looks like your iPad "thinks" it's an iPhone ... Did you install anything weird recently?

Comment

roxxette

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2011
Something similar happed to me before but on my iphone , any chance you installed "unfold tweak" ?

Comment

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
reinstall SBSetings, that rarely causes any problems and is a must have, after install got to sbsettings/more/ mobile substrate addons

now disable all installed cydia apps and enable 1by1 until you find the culprit.

Once you have found it eanble and than deinstall in cydia, that way you won't have to uninstall everything.

You can go into save mode by turn ipad off and holding volume up during boot process so you can at least have a normal screen in save mode.

Comment

JMG

macrumors 6502a
May 4, 2006
I like how he hasn't replied in days in his own topic. OP: if you solved the problem let us know how so the next guy who runs into this problem can be enlightened.

Comment

ssdar

macrumors member
Dec 6, 2008
Netherlands
I had the same problem, reboot didn't work but after a respring with sbsettings the problem disappeared.
Hope this helps..

Comment

mcarthon

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2010
This has happen to me a few times as well. What works for me is just removing any tweak from cydia that makes you restart springboard fiixes problem for me.

Comment

Charzipan

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2008
This happened to me until I figured out that iProtect (with the newest update) was the culprit.

Comment

dieburnbot

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2008
CA
I had this problem a few times and a respring fixed it, it eventually disappeared on its own when I installed retina pad. Weird.

Now the only problem I have is when sometimes it gets stuck while respringing at he spinning wheel and I have to do a hard reset to fix it. Any ideas on that one?

Comment

BFizzzle

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2010
Austin TX
I had this problem a few times and a respring fixed it, it eventually disappeared on its own when I installed retina pad. Weird.

Now the only problem I have is when sometimes it gets stuck while respringing at he spinning wheel and I have to do a hard reset to fix it. Any ideas on that one?
yeahhh when i install stuff on cydia sometimes i get stuck in a respring,

i restored and rejailbroke with the updated version of absinthe and it no longer does it. version 2.0.3? i think

Comment

JazzG

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2009
yeahhh when i install stuff on cydia sometimes i get stuck in a respring,

i restored and rejailbroke with the updated version of absinthe and it no longer does it. version 2.0.3? i think

I might do that actually as the jailbreak on my phone is really stable whereas the iPad has a tendency to play up at times. Was using 2.0.1 and just checked and version 2.0.4 is out now.

Comment

Redjericho

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2011
This is a very common effect of cydia tweaks, if you tell us each of your tweaks, we may be able to weed out the correct one.

The only 2 I know off the top of my head:
Backgrounder
FolderEnhancer

----------

I might do that actually as the jailbreak on my phone is really stable whereas the iPad has a tendency to play up at times. Was using 2.0.1 and just checked and version 2.0.4 is out now.

All absinthe releases above 2.0.1 did nothing but add compatibility fixes.

2.0.2 added support for iPad 2 with the new chip
2.0.3 and 2.0.4 fixed some glitch on iPhones with certain basebands.

Comment

JazzG

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2009
I don't know if my mind is playing tricks on me but have jailbroken again with the newest version and my jailbreak seems a lot more stable. I had jailbroken with version 2.01 3 times before and everytime I install new apps I would always get error messages back whereas with this time everything has installed smoothly without any errors being thrown back. Recently the jailbreak just went and when I re-started the iPad it somehow came back so it had been playing up. For example I had to install TetherMe about 4 times before it actually worked whereas now just went straight on. Might just have got lucky this time!

Comment

ipsychedelic

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2012
Well as far as I remember the last thing I installed was "Deck HD" and after a couple of days of no use I unlock my iPad (3rd gen) and sync some apps and some of them stall at "Installing" or "Downloading" (whatever, don't remember) and when I check Cydia it closes immediately and hell breaks lose.

If I'm not mistaken, I jailbroke with Absinthe and since it's so fool-proof I wonder if it has something to do with the "memory" something option is installing Rocky Racoon, that is bundled on Redsn0w, which is probably not taken in account on Absinthe?

Anyway, after wasting 2 hours of my life seeing how the damn thing would respring and respring like there's no tomorrow, even after just unlocking the screen, Imma re-jailbreak after an iTunes restore and give the old trusty RedSn0w a shot, with the memory-whatever mode on (that is supposedly recommended for people with lots of media.. I don't have lots of media but I do have lots of apps!!!

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.