iPad 3 Jailbreak is coming SOONER than LATER!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by 1080p, Mar 15, 2012.

1. 1080p macrumors 68020

1080p

http://blog.iphone-dev.org/post/19383772351/ipad-3-fever

Despite the awkward name Apple announced last week for the new iPad (we’ll continue to call it iPad3!), by all signs it’s going to be another big hit. We suspect many of you are lined up at this very minute, and so it’s a good time to give you some info for maximizing your chance to eventually jailbreak the iPad3.

There are a few bits of good news already.

We can confirm that the method used to jailbreak the iPad2 4 months ago (before corona) still works even in 5.1. That means we’ll at least be able to get our foot in the door to get the required kernel dumps on the iPad3. That’s an important step, but by no means is it the end of the story.
    Those of you following @i0n1c may have noticed he’s already tweeted pictures of his iPad2 jailbroken at 5.1. As far as we know, he’s using a method completely unrelated to the one mentioned above. That would be great news!
    We’ve also seen bits and pieces of an entirely different jailbreak method being investigated by someone close to the Cydia repo scene.
    That’s three different angles, and we’re not even including the continuous work @pod2g makes towards a new jailbreak! As always, keep in mind this is very preliminary progress, and it’s impossible to predict how or when these things turn out. The only thing you need to remember is the golden rule:

Don’t update your new iPad3 past whatever iOS it comes shipped with!

2. MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000

I'll find a way to leak it early to everyone again :)

3. Drag'nGT macrumors 68000

Drag'nGT

Sweet... I think. I thought most every reason to jailbreak was included now. Yes, I'm that far behind/content with being non-JB. When I had my iPad JB there seemed to be less stuff out there for it. Don't mind be shown the light of the new JB though.

4. 1080p thread starter macrumors 68020

1080p

Well... on my iPhone... I miss using a J/B tweak that allows for unlimited skips in Pandora.

5. batotman macrumors 6502

I think a big majority are eager to pirate apps. :apple:

I really don't have much reason to JB my iPad but love to have Zephyr and Activator on my 4S.

----------

I use Pandora constantly. Had no idea that was an option!

6. engelke2010 macrumors 6502a

Boy, I still remember me and a lot of other people being so angry with you! :eek:

There are a couple of reasons why I still jailbroke my iPad2 and will be very happy once the jb for my new iPad comes out. I will miss SBSettings and Infinifolders. If Apple ever included something like SBSettings and if they expanded the amount of apps we could have in a folder, I might not jailbreak again. I don't pirate, so I don't care much for that.

7. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

I jailbreak for iFile. That and all my apps are paid for. **** what you heard. Still people out there that jailbreak fo legit reasons.

8. Drag'nGT macrumors 68000

Drag'nGT

Oh, I can list a handful of JB features I miss for the phone but not really any for the iPad. I have a few ideas for the iPad but last I checked it was incredibly hard to navigate Cydia and find what you wanted.

9. number84 macrumors 6502

10. DS3, Mar 15, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2012

DS3 macrumors 6502a

There are plenty of reasons to jailbreak.

For me personally, folders... well i cant remember the name, but whichever one lets me have full screen folders with pages. That makes a huuuuuuuge difference with all the apps I have, and is worth jailbreaking for that alone.

Another big features is the ability to use SD cards with the camera connection kit as actual storage. You can play formatted videos straight off the card, or use it to transfer any files on/off the device with iFile. It makes living with 16gb far easier.

I also like the app that lets you passcode your iPad when not on wifi or on an unapproved wifi, but have no passcode on wifis you allow like your house.

Oh and the location faker to get around blackout rules for the mlb/nba apps.

And the one where I can change the carrier name/ipad text =P

11. bobright macrumors 601

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I like and can't wait for a JB just for theming alone. It isn't about pirating at all (at least not in my case).

12. MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000

you should see the some of the comments on my old jailbreak videos...funny to read through them.

13. batotman macrumors 6502

I like having TetherMe on my iPhone for times when my Internet is down (like the 2-3 weeks after the Joplin tornado). And it was nice to have my ShSh blobs to revert my iPad to 4.3.5 from ios5. Safari ran like **** and crashed constantly.

14. bwrairen macrumors 6502

Just give me the option to disable the lockscreen! I want a true instant on device.

15. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

I only JB for the gesture unlock. I also like copic, which puts pics in the contact list in the phone app and text app.

16. Holoshed macrumors regular

There is one, and I use it. It is made by the people with an X in their name. I cannot say it here as the site also has cracked apps. The Pandora skip one however is made by the site owner (which is the only thing I use from there).

17. batotman macrumors 6502

I downloaded a tweak from BigBoss. Works perfectly on latest version. I clicked through like 20 songs with amazement...lol.