Ipad 3? just asking something

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ramses2005, Sep 4, 2011.

1. ramses2005 macrumors member

hey, my father wants to buy an iPad, but I'm telling him wait a little longer, since the iPad 3 will probably be out on fall of this year. he told me to ask here, he's desperate for an iPad but he wants to be sure (well no one really know if its coming out) Are there any rumors about the release date of an iPad 3?

THANKS IN ADVANCE:apple::apple::apple::apple:

2. palpatine macrumors 68040

tell your father to enjoy the waiting game. he has joined a long and proud tradition of putting their life on hold. i'm not worthy to join, because i am too impatient for this kind of thing.

3. Nicolas4ever macrumors 6502a

Nicolas4ever

Tell your father that the iPad 3 will probably release in March.at least next year

4. Julien macrumors G4

Julien

There is also a problem when the iPad 3 is released. Then the iPad 4 will be coming so should he wait on it?

5. TheSuperSteve macrumors 6502

Exactly. There is no end to the waiting game. As soon as the iPad 3 is released, an even better model will be available the year after that.

I bought my iPad 1 right on the iPad 2 launch and i dont regret it a single bit. I needed it for something right then and there and you guys remember that they where out of stock almost everywhere. So i though "Eh, i need one and this one is 100$ cheaper. Win-Win".

Basically what i'm trying to say, if he needs one, he should buy one now. If he's anything like me, he wont give a crap if there's a better model out because he'll be satisfied with the one he has. That's how i think at least.

6. bufffilm Suspended

bufffilm

there won't be an ipad3 coming out this fall. the likely date that a new model will hit the street is april which is 7 months away. that's a pretty long time to wait...

7. spooky2k macrumors 6502a

spooky2k

If the iPad 2 does what he wants it to do now, then there is no need to wait. It doesn't sound to me like he's a huge 'I need the latest and greatest' geek, so he should just go ahead and buy one now.

Based on your post, I'd say he should just go get one and enjoy the hell out of it.

8. seong macrumors 65816

seong

Like others said, it's a never ending waiting game.
    I bet that the day iPad 3s are released or announced, there will be at least ONE thread about 'So, what do you guys expect for iPad 4?'

9. saberahul macrumors 68040

Well said, I was just about to say the same but decided to actually read the posts before posting :)

OP: if you need an iPad, get it. If not, keep waiting.

10. darngooddesign macrumors G3

You have around seven months until the next iPad.

11. FloatingBones macrumors 65816

FloatingBones

Other than Apple, nobody knows the exact timetable for the next iPad. Apple itself may well not know, because they may not have a firm commitment for the supply pipeline for parts for the next generation. This article notes that the release of any hardware using the A6 chip may be pushed out until at least June of 2012. Since that chip is rumored to be the one slated for the iPad 3, an estimate of seven months sounds pretty optimistic.

MacRumors tracks release cycles for every Apple product in the Buyer's Guide. Each product also has a page that archives all Front Page and blog articles about that product. The archive for the iPad is at ipad.macrumors.com. If you want to stay current about the best estimates for the new iPad, those are the best resources available on this site.

12. iTunes-Luv macrumors member

iTunes-Luv

iPad 3 likely will be next summer to be earliest.

iPad 2 still sells well and its competitors can not follow yet.
    TouchPad from HP is discontinued
    Tab from Samsung is banned
    Others are jokes :rolleyes: