iPad ipad 3 keyboard not the same now?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by rob12770, May 31, 2012.

1. rob12770 macrumors member

hi all, i have an ipad 3 5.1.1 after having jailbroke with absinthe 2.2 i am noticing the keyboard is not as good as before, most noticable is that the space bar, altough clicking, doesnot always create a space .anyone else notice this ?
    cheers rob.

2. rob12770 thread starter macrumors member

i guessnot ..look there ..thats EXACTLY what i mean ! :eek:

3. dgstan macrumors 6502a

I doubt Absinthe itself would muck with the keyboard functionality. Did you install any tweaks that might affect the KB, like SwipeSelection, etc.?

4. rob12770, May 31, 2012
    Last edited: May 31, 2012

rob12770 thread starter macrumors member

i did install swipe select, butonly seem work in this foum lol, cheersil uninstall it.

----------

ok, so ive removed swipe selection, lets see how this does now, oh look at that, its perfect again.. thanks SOOOO MUCH dgstan :) !
    it was doing my head in !

5. Dav1 macrumors 6502

Removing a program is not the same as never installing it, often it leaves things behind. You might revert to an unjailbroken device and verify that you don't have issues with the space bar, then just rejailbreak, and not load any additional programs for 24 hours or more and see if it repeats...

I would think that if it is common there would be lots of complaints by now....

6. rob12770 thread starter macrumors member

well, uninstalling it definetly fixed it so..go figure..AND since i removed it with cydia...its not on cydia anymore..hmmmm i think its gone bye bye, probably too many complaints..