iPad 3 Launch - Houston, TX

Discussion in 'iPad Launch Meetups' started by 212rikanmofo, Mar 14, 2012.

1. 212rikanmofo macrumors 65816

What time is everyone going since the Apple Retail stores will be opening at 8am. I'm curious if they will have a lot of stock. Won't most of it be held for the people who pre-ordered?

Anyone know if they will be getting any in at Walmart, Target, Best Buys or Radioshack? Might have better luck there since I'm assuming the lines will be massive at the Apple stores.

2. aggieastrosfan macrumors member

I'm debating getting mine at Best Buy or the Verizon store (64gb + 4g white). Verizon opens at 8, Best Buy 9. If I go Best Buy, it'll net me about an extra $90 with CC rewards. But Verizon opens earlier. And then there's the question of what time to get there. I'm in Cypress. For the 4s I got to the Verizon store 30 minutes before open and I was #10 in line. Decisions, decisions...

3. 212rikanmofo thread starter macrumors 65816

Yeah, same here. Not sure what to do either. Does anyone know what time Best Buys will open? and isn't Walmart 24 hours? Wonder if they will sell at midnight on Thursday cause technically that will be Friday.

4. aggieastrosfan macrumors member

My Best Buy is still showing regular hours, opening at 9. I haven't called to confirm, though.

There's two Verizon stores near me (actual Verizon, not an "authorized reseller"), and online both stores have their Friday hours in red, showing an opening of 8 instead of the usual 9.

I've decided to go Verizon. This way, if I don't get what I want, I can always give Best Buy a shot. Though it doesn't seem like Best Buy will be a better alternative. Verizon is only going to attract people who want Verizon models - Best Buy will have all models, plus people are more likely to have Best Buy cards to spend.

Now to decide what time to show up to line up?...

5. ChrisTX macrumors 68030

ChrisTX

I called Best Buy to confirm, and they told me they would be opening for normal business hours at 9AM. While I believe The New iPad will be extremely popular I doubt it will be iPhone popular. With that being said, I believe if you show up at the Apple store at 5AM as I have done for the past 2 iPhone launches, you shouldn't have a problem whatsoever.

6. amankumar macrumors newbie

iPad

iPad is a little electronics device that help to listing music.

Karan Chanana.p

www.amiragroup.co.in

7. aggieastrosfan macrumors member

Oh, I'm not going anywhere near an Apple store tomorrow, lol. If Verizon opens at 8, I was thinking of getting there around 6. 5 may be overkill for a suburbia Verizon store!