iPad 3 launch on friday - Canada

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Lassonde, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Lassonde, Mar 14, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2012

Lassonde macrumors newbie

Hi, I was wondering where Canadians will buy their iPads on launch day ?

Except the apple store, will Walt-Mart, Future Shop or Staples carry it ?

Thanks

2. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

Futureshop and Bestbuy for sure will be carrying it...not sure about the "smaller" Apple resellers.

I preordered mine though, so I'll be impatiently waiting for the UPS guy to deliver it on Friday. :eek:

3. Grease2310 macrumors member

Wal-Mart is a mess when it comes to iPads right now. The internal Wire system they use still says the iPad street date for "ALL RETAILERS is March 16th at 5PM". They will however carry it "in select stores" which to me means major metro areas like Toronto, Monreal, and Vancouver. If you live in a smaller city where Wal-Mart is like your only big box retailer, they're either not getting any or they are getting 1 or 2. It's also important to know that for iPad2 Wal-Mart only carried 16GB and 32GB wifi and 16GB 3G versions, no 64s and no higher then 16 3G models. This trend is likely to continue.

Staples is, to the best of my knowledge, set to cary them albeit with the same provisions as Wal-Mart about which models they carry. Though I do believe they cary the 32GB 3G just none of the 64s across either line.

Future Shop and Best Buy will carry the full line-up of iPads in any of there stores with the :apple: monolith statue. That big black rectangle with the giant Apple on it. For most stores that means if they carry the Apple laptops and iMacs etc they will have the iPads.

Hope this helps, I'm going by information passed down from friends within each of these orginizations or other forms of first hand information I have through my own work. The information is obviously subject to change as per Apple's or their own home office's whims.

4. klover macrumors 6502a

My local Staples already has them sitting in the back room wrapped in street date violation warning tape.

If you call in, they will reserve one for you and call you that day. I was in the store and saw the list - maybe three people on it.

I have a 16 and 32 waiting for pickup at 8AM.

5. Grease2310 macrumors member

Hmm. That doesn't seem to be in keeping with what most people's experiences with them have been but if it works, no harm in trying it myself here in a few, see if I can get a backup model incase the Apple store runs out of 64s.