iPad 3 Memory Problem

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by paulbali, Apr 26, 2012.

1. paulbali macrumors newbie

I had an iPad 1, 64g and recently purchased the new iPad. I successfully loaded all the same data onto my new iPad, 64g. When it was complete, my iPhoto library took 48g, however on my iPad 1 it only took 32g. I re synced my ipad and unchecked Photo. Now my memory in other is 48g but i don't have any pictures showing on my iPad and I cannot get rid of the used memory in "other" now. I could restore, but i live where internet is very slow and restore program is 1.1 gig download. Any suggestions.

2. Dav1 macrumors 6502

| Settings | General | Reset | Erase all settings and content | it **should** erase everything from your iPad, without requiring you to restore it.... Note if your device is Jailbroken (and your isn't) this will require a restore to recover... A warning to others who might read this thread...

3. snerkler macrumors 6502a

I have this issue and a quick reset (Hold off button and home button at the same time, keep holding until the ipad turns off and the apple logo comes back on. When apple logo appears release the buttons) sorts it, without having to erase any settings etc.

4. paulbali thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks very much. This worked through settings.