iPad 3 Menu Bar Glitch

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Suraj R., Jul 6, 2013.

1. Suraj R. macrumors regular

I'm not sure where to report this to Apple, but on my 3rd gen. iPad I was getting a glitch with the menu bar. Two different ones actually...

1) The menu bar text would sometimes turn a weird black with parts of the text invisible (as if there were dead pixels or something) even when the text should be white (and it is before this happens).

2) No matter what, when I turned the iPad into landscape mode, the portrait menu bar would remain; there would be two menu bars on the screen, one on each axis. This didn't just occur at the home screen, but throughout every app (got annoying while watching video).

I downgraded the device back to 6.1.3 but I kept my iPhone at 7.0 just so I could test it out (it slowed down my essentially new 3rd gen iPad where it didn't feel new anymore, I didn't like it). Just wanted to put these things out there.

2. grockk macrumors 6502

grockk

Did you have guided access turned on? This is a known bug. You can still report to apple and they'll log it as a duplicate.

Work around is to turn off guided access.

3. Jus711 macrumors member

Happened to me too when i first upgraded, reset all settings fixed it for me