iPad 3 Mobile Hotspot dropping out

pacmania1982

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 19, 2006
Birmingham, UK
Has anyone had issues with the hotspot loosing connection to any wireless provider?

I'm sitting in a hotel room tethering from my iPad 3 to my iPhone 4S and MacBook Pro and so far I've had to restart the iPad 5 times now. Turning off cellular data or WiFi won't work. I literally have to power off the iPad and turn it back on again.

I know its not a big deal, but it is annoying.

Thanks

pac

Jades

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2012
I've seen someone with the exact same issue. When the outage occurs, can you check to see if your iPhone 4S also looses connectivity?
I've seen jut the MacBook loose connection and the other devices work

Usually toggling personal hotspot off then on a few times might solve the issue. But I think a restore of the iPad would permensntly fix this

pacmania1982

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 19, 2006
Birmingham, UK
I've seen someone with the exact same issue. When the outage occurs, can you check to see if your iPhone 4S also looses connectivity?
I've seen jut the MacBook loose connection and the other devices work

Usually toggling personal hotspot off then on a few times might solve the issue. But I think a restore of the iPad would permensntly fix this
Its annoying isn't it? I had to restart my iPad about 8 times in total last night. My iPhone hangs too and even trying to browse on the iPad doesn't work. No idea what it is. I reset all the network settings too. Oh well - will see how well it works with Verizon when I'm in the US.

Thanks

pac

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.