iPad 3 not fully charging

Discussion in 'iPad' started by technopimp, Jul 6, 2012.

1. technopimp macrumors 6502a

I finally bought an iPad 3. I've obviously read the battery doesn't last as long, and was prepared for that, but I thought I would calibrate it early on (as I normally do with new apple products) to help it out. So I ran until it shut off, plugged it in (with its 10W charger) and let it charge overnight. As it happened, I ended up leaving it plugged in another whole day since I was busy and didn't need to use it. When I finally unplugged it, I turned it on and it only had gotten to 69%. I checked and the charger is still plugged into the wall.

Is this just a fluke thing, or does this usually indicate something is wrong? I'm also bummed to see in the 5 minutes I've had it on, it's gone from 69% to 66%. That seems like a lot of drain for sitting on a web page not doing anything.

2. Che Castro macrumors 603

Are you using the cable that came with the ipad ?

3. technopimp thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes, but I may have discovered the issue. I was going to reseat the cable, but when I pulled out the USB connector from the AC adapter, the metal part completely came out leaving the wires exposed. Guess this one must have slipped through QC. :/

4. Che Castro macrumors 603

That cable is very short

This one is 6ft and works with the ipad 3

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004TIIBMS/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00