iPad iPad 3 on 6.1.3 running like absolute crap!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by BlockEight88, Nov 23, 2013.

1. BlockEight88 macrumors regular

My iPad 3 is running iOS 6.1.3 and lately has been running like crap. When I got this iPad in March 2012 Safari was so snappy, it actually made me use the iPad more than my 2010 desktop lol. Now, with iOS 6.1.3 web browsing it a nightmare. Safari crashes and lags and takes forever. I want to throw the damn thing agains the wall.

Any suggestions on how to make it run smooth again? I REFUSE to put iOS 7 on it, as that will only make it worse.

2. Ladybug macrumors 65816

Ladybug

I would suggest starting with the obvious. Clear history, cookies and data. Then restart by holding the power and home button down at the same time until you see the Apple logo. If that doesn't clear up Safari you might want to consider backing it up then setting it up as new again. My 3 did that a few times and setting it up as new seemed to fix my issues. My 3 is still on 6.1.3 too. Setting it as new again is a pain but usually clears out the cobwebs.

3. pat park macrumors 6502a

If you restore as new it will restore with the latest version of iOS (ios 7)

4. JonMPLS macrumors 65816

I have to say, I have had zero problems with iOS 7 on my iPad 3. Really like it, actually.

5. ugcop macrumors 6502a

ugcop

Ditto with my 3 and IOS 7

6. Ladybug macrumors 65816

Ladybug

Wow really? I thought as long as you didn't download and install the update in iTunes it would just use the same version of iOS? I'm probably wrong on this, it's been awhile.

7. davidinva macrumors 6502a

My 3 also works well with 7.0.4.

8. irnchriz macrumors 65816

irnchriz

9. E2EK1EL macrumors 6502

Erase all Content and Settings, start as a fresh device / user

Do not restore it if you don't want to update to iOS 7.

Currently on the iPad 3 iOS 6.1.3, as fast as the day I opened the box

10. Wbutchart macrumors regular

Upgrade to ios7. I have an ipad 3 it runs great on the 3. All that nonsense about it bricking the device or lag is massively exaggerated.

I left a family ipad 2 on ios6 as the kids use it, had yo upgrade it for similar reasons to what you are saying, apps especially were crashing constantly, netflix simply stopped working. Upgrading to ios 7 fixed the issues.