iPad 3 or 13" Macbook Pro Core i7 ???

MS2083

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 7, 2012
California
which is better in terms of; Video & Photo Editing, Music Producing, Moderate amount of Gaming, typing documents, etc...

iPad 3 4G LTE or 13" Macbook Pro 2.8Ghz Core i7

wrinkster22

macrumors 68030
Jun 11, 2011
Toronto
which is better in terms of; Video & Photo Editing, Music Producing, Moderate amount of Gaming, typing documents, etc...

iPad 3 4G LTE or 13" Macbook Pro 2.8Ghz Core i7
It really depends. Is this serious work? If its light use; the iPad would be great.
Video/Photo editing- iPhoto for iPad + iMovie for iPad
Music Producing- Garageband for iPad
Moderate amount of gaming- Plenty of iPad games.
Typing Documents- Pages for IOS + Apple BT Keyboard.

If the Video/photo editing/music production/gaming is serious then you will want the mac.

flyguy206

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2008
I would say for the avg person the ipad will work just fine. But if you need it for paying jobs then the macbook.

ZBoater

macrumors G3
Jul 2, 2007
Sunny Florida
Guys, comparing an iPad to a MacBook Pro is like comparing a fly swatter with a sledge hammer! They are not even in the same league!

Can you do video and photo editing on the iPad? Yes.

Can I produce music on the iPad? Yes.

Can I game on the iPad? Yes.

Which is BETTER? (Which I interpret to be easier to use, faster, more capable of handling larger files, more choices of software, more choices of connectivity/file sharing, etc. etc. etc.) Geez, this is no contest.

I can aslo empty a pool with a straw. Doesn't mean I want to do that.

If I want to do a few small video clips, a couple of easy songs, a couple of games, and I want the ultimate in portability, sure the iPad could do it. But better than a MacBook Pro? :confused:

spacesamurai

macrumors member
Nov 27, 2011
Osaka, Japan

Given what you want to do, MacBook Pro is the only option I can think of. I would like to see someone do all that on an iPad and be satisfied with the result.

EdMan

macrumors 6502a
Oct 17, 2011
Michigan
To be honest, I can't really believe you would ask this question. I don't think I would need a forum to answer this if you truly understand what you're doing. If you're going to be doing serious work, you should do more research on your own.

Epic Xbox Revie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2010
Washington, D.C.
Sure you can do all that stuff on an iPad. But you can also do it on an iPhone or an iPod touch. The MacBook pro is obviously going to be the "best" as far as time productivity. But any of the above devices can do what you want.

waynep

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2009
Do you have a computer now?

If the answer is no, then I who use get the MacBook Pro first then get the iPad as a supplemental device.

physicsguy13

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2010
Huntiingon Beach, CA
The MacBook Pro is the obvious answer but you are really comparing two completely different things. Comparing a MacBook Pro with a Core i7 to an iPad doesn't make a whole lot of sense.