Ipad 3 or ipad 4?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by cnguyen0320, Sep 20, 2012.

1. cnguyen0320 macrumors regular

So i can get this rediculous price on a legit ipad 3rd gen. Its 16gb for $300 in brand spanking new condition. Now my dilemma is, its only like 5 months away from the iPad 4 or the next ipad whatever they call it im sure itll be pretty aweseome. Plus the deal i can get on the ipad only lasts through this weekend.

Is it worth getting the ipad 3 when everything is probably gonna change with the 4? By everything i mean dock connector, processor, camera, and probably the size thickness and weight of the ipad which would completely make my cases, docks useless if i would decide to upgrade later.

What do you think? Get the ipad 3 for the great $300 price tag or wait for the 4?

2. 617aircav Suspended

U can't decide?

3. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

Make it even simpler.

Do you want an iPad now, to use and enjoy, or do you want to wait another six months without owning an iPad at all? Worst case, you'd get your money back on that purchase should you take up the offer, use it for six months, and sell it toward the cost of the next iPad when it shows up in March 2013.

4. Paulywauly macrumors 6502a

Paulywauly

+1. You would get most of your money back on it next spring if you just couldnt live with having the newest one :D

5. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

Exactly. Personally I have the 64GB WiFi and Cellular new iPad, but I do play a lot of games and that A6 will undoubtedly be in the next revision. That, more than any need to have the latest and greatest, could see me upgrade next year.

I'll see how Real Racing 3 and Infinity Blade Dungeons (if it ever actually appears) play on the new iPad before deciding on the new, new iPad next year lol.

6. number84 macrumors 6502

You might even make money on it when the iPad 4 comes out. As I would think the current iPad would drop to $399.

7. blackbelter macrumors member

Am in the same position as OP. I choose to hold my money until at least the end of October, just to see if there will be a refreshment to the full sized iPad line, and how the Surface looks like.