iPad 3 or mini after iPad 2?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by macmahon70, Jan 13, 2013.

1. macmahon70 macrumors member

macmahon70

Hi,

I just sold my Ipad 2 16 3G. I was tempted to purchase the same version in mini, but I figure the screen is too small. Local online apple store sells some Ipad 2 32 Go 3G refurbished for 440€. Some Ipad 3s (32Go 3G) are sold in a shop nearby. Shall I go for it or wait for march update?

Olivier

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Personally, I'd skip the iPad 3 and jump right to the iPad 4, too many updates to the innards to not buy it.

3. macmahon70 thread starter macrumors member

macmahon70

Thanks fro the qucik reply. What do you mean by "innards"?
    I could buy the Ipad 4 16 3G, but it is still pricey and I was hoping to bump it to 32Go (even though my Ipad 2 16Go capacity was not full after using it for 18 months) to have more space.

4. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

Twice the graphics, twice the speed, lighting connector. It may not be a big deal today....but the specs of the 4 will last longer than the 3. Granted the ipad 2 still works perfectly fine.

5. macmahon70 thread starter macrumors member

macmahon70

Do you realise that the Ipad 3 was released not even a year ago? So why would it be so quickly obsolete?

6. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

I'm not saying its obsolete...just stating how much better the specs of the 4 are. Granted both with probably stop getting support before they are actually useless. I wonder what IOS the ipad 2 stops getting support. Currently it works just fine on IOS 6...but I don't see it getting support past IOS 7 even though it will probably be capable.

7. jenni122701 macrumors regular

jenni122701

I went from the 2 to the 3. I love it. That said, if money had not been an issue, Id have went with the 4. Cant say on the mini as Im not looking to get one of those.