iPad 3 or Motorola Droid XYBOARD?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MyiBill, Apr 3, 2012.

1. MyiBill macrumors 6502

So I have an iPad 3 on AT&T and want a tablet on verizon also. So another iPad 3 in white or the 10.1 inch XYBOARD?

2. batotman macrumors 6502

Try the Xyboard first. I haven't seen an Android tab that didn't feel beta or slow as molasses. Last one I tried was the Transformer Prime.

3. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

Get the Hanwahfu Robatron. Make sure it's running Hot Milk Shake. Oh and make sure you get the 1.290.1356 version of Hot Milk Shake. 1.290.1355 sucks.

4. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

You should have gotten the Verizon iPad which also works on AT&T (in 4G not LTE). Twofer.

5. Stetrain macrumors 68040

This.

6. Mrg02d macrumors 65816

7. LostAggie macrumors 6502

If you really want Android get the Samsung 7.7

8. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

Xyboard got dogged by everything in the anandtech review benchmarks

9. NutsNGum macrumors 68030

NutsNGum

How is it a problem? The guy isn't complaining, he's asking for opinions.

10. KoukiFC3S macrumors 6502a

Xyboard is not a good choice. It has outdated hardware and is still running honeycomb.

If you are ok with 7.7, check out the Samsung tablet. It's super fast and has a badass processor. Still no ICS on that one either tho.

I'd get the new iPad. It really is awesome with the new resolution.

11. santaliqueur macrumors 6502a

As you type on your personal computing device from the comfort of a climate controlled room, your comment posted less than 1 second after you push the button.

Yes, we all experience first world problems. This probably makes us horrible people.

12. iEvolution macrumors 65816

Wrong, it runs ICS.

..and what do you mean outdated? Damn near all tablets are running at 1.0/1.2Ghz Duals, further there is no ICS updates available for the Samsung Galaxy.

13. w00t951 macrumors 68000

w00t951

Unless you are a diehard Android fan, the iPad 2012 is simply the best tablet out there, hands down.

14. whtrbt7 macrumors 6502a

But but but, the Xyboard has nano-coating! Use it in the tub and get back to us with if it still stays alive. I still think the iPad is the most bang for buck since all the iPad apps are pretty much amazing.

15. Mrg02d macrumors 65816

I am posting this from Africa. A wizard from the cities came with a machine that lets us talk with our fingers....

So suck it. First world people.

16. MyiBill thread starter macrumors 6502

May look at the 7.7 tab or buy a droid razor and use the hotspot with my wifi iPad 2. Not sure yet.

17. dylin macrumors 6502a

dylin

At first I was like, what is he talking about. Then I realized this wasn't a serious post :eek:

18. brun019822 macrumors member

Do not get he xyboard, it is the worst piece of **** ever. it stutters when browsing the web. I used it for 2 hours and returned it the next day. But if you do decide to buy remember that Verizon charges a $75 restocking fee and don't pay in cash because Verizon stores don't carry cash and you won't be able to get your money back, they will either mail you a check (3-4 weeks) or credit your account. But please listen to me DO NOT BUY IT!

19. KoukiFC3S macrumors 6502a

Are you sure about ICS? From a quick web search the xyboard still doesn't have ICS.

20. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

not right now, it doesn't. supposedly, it's coming in q3 of this year, but i'll believe that when i see it.

21. iEvolution macrumors 65816

The successor doesn't run ICS but the Xoom does? Interesting, I figured since the Xoom does the Xyboard would since they are essentially the same product.

22. wdb68 macrumors newbie

I think it depends what you are going to use it for and how computer savvy you are willing to become. I made the mistake of buying a wifi XOOM for my patents when they were having a fire sale and think it was a huge mistake because they have such difficulty doing what is relatively simple on an iPad.

For me, and what I use a tablet for, I think the XyBoard is much more useful then an iPad. I use it strictly for business, and the occasional mess around. The USB support, stylet/Swype combination, file system control, superior multi tasking and even Flash support. Of course all current Android tablets have some of these advantages.

What sets the Xyboard apart from the other LTE tablets is the improved security features, robust build, and stylus. Believe it or not, most Android tablets cannot connect to corporate exchange servers without going through third party applications such add TouchDown. Ape has had this ability since the first iPad came out so I don't know why Android tablet manufacturers don't all add it, but possibly corporate users are a small segment of the tablet population.

Don't get hung up on the spec's because there are so many variables regarding user experience that spec's alone are inaccurate. After all, the iPad2 crushes the quad core Prime in a large number of tests.

So, if you are already tired into iTunes and love the Apple experience and don't really want to learn how to optimize a new, and very current experience STAY AWAY FROM ANDROID. Or, if you are like me and prefer the unique features and customization afforded by Android and need 3g/4g/LTE and want to make sure you have all the latest security provisions then your only choice might be the Xyboard. I loved mine so much that I bought an 8.2. My iPad2 toting wife thinks I ask a fool....as will most of you