iPad 3 Refurb 64GB

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jason2811, Oct 24, 2012.

1. jason2811 macrumors 6502a

iPad 3 with 64GB is $549 refurb. Is there seriously any reason NOT to buy this? The 64GB iPad 4 will cost $700. The only major difference is the A6X processor and lightning cable. Do people legitimately think the iPad 3 won't run iOS 7 or iOS 8 down the line?

2. Scott2345 macrumors regular

I went with a 16GB refurb. To good of a deal to pass up.

3. captgecos macrumors newbie

captgecos

iPad 3 refurb

I ordered a refurb 64G iPad 3. I also noticed that the shipping is from China instead of the U.S. In the past when I've ordered refurb equipment it has shipped from Ca. It could be that these 'refurbs' are actually new iPads that are being cleared out of inventory. Either way it doesn't matter to me, all the refurbs that I've ordered are just like new anyway - this is just an observation.

4. barkomatic, Oct 25, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2012

barkomatic macrumors 68040

I have a feeling that most of the refurb iPads will actually be unsold iPad 3's--but it doesn't make a difference because they will look perfect in either case. Honestly, if I didn't already have an iPad I'd be all over those refurbs, they are the best deal ever now that Apple has knocked even more off the price. It's almost unheard of that Apple would drop the price so low for a device introduced just 7 months ago(except for the original iPhone I guess)

They are even slightly cheaper than comparable models of the iPad 2 being sold new. Why would you pay *more* for an iPad 2 when you can get a retina screen and the other upgrades?

5. Scott2345 macrumors regular

My order is coming from China as well.

6. jrswizzle macrumors 603

jrswizzle

I think a big reason why they are doing away with the 3 and why they went to the 4 so quickly was to silently take care of the issues the 3 was having in the quickest and cleanest way possible.

Long charging times and overheating have been big issues since the 3 was released. I'd be willing to bet the 4th gen iPad's screen is different in some way also. Instead of re-releasing another 3 resolving these issues (and while they're at it changing to a lightning connector) and then releasing the 4 only 5 months later - they elected to early update to the 4 (now called the iPad w/ retina which I think better mirrors the MB line - Apple's goal) to match the mini and retina iPad's timelines.

Also, this could be a clue they have something BIG to release this coming spring...AppleTV anyone?

----------

You can only get the 16GB iPad 2 "new".

7. RenoG macrumors 65816

I just looked at these and wow, what a deal. Looking to get the wife her first ipad so she can leave mine alone. This makes it totally hard to justify the new 4.

Looking over CL to see whats posted and I see that they haven't gotten the memo yet, they are still asking $100 more with no accessories.