iPad 3 refurb make sense?

johndallas999

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 9, 2008
Seattle
So does it make sense to purchase the refurb iPad 3 for 379 now that it's discontinued? It seems like Apple is admitting it was underpowered based on the fact they discontinued it after 6 months....

Scott2345

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2012
So does it make sense to purchase the refurb iPad 3 for 379 now that it's discontinued? It seems like Apple is admitting it was underpowered based on the fact they discontinued it after 6 months....
No, not at all. I was in the market for a mini but I could pay 50$ more for a iPad 3 refurb which is a way better machine. I'm not a heavy gamer at all just need it for email surf the net and load it up with apps for myself and kids.

Comment

Southernboyj

macrumors 68000
Mar 8, 2012
Mobile, AL
Makes perfect sense... think about this.. for $379 you get a Retina display equipped iPad. For $20 MORE you get an inferior iPad 2 with lesser specs, and a lesser screen. Both use the 30 pin dock connector.

EDIT: My opinion is based on the assumption you want a 9.7" iPad.

Comment

johndallas999

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 9, 2008
Seattle
Makes sense. I think i'm gonna go for it. I get 5% discount with discover card too so makes it even cheaper.:D

Comment