Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

faiz23

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 8, 2010
With the announcement today of the ipad 4 this effectively dropped the price tag on the refurb $100 and made it affordable. With the coupons, discover cashback and couple other tricks to get free items. This deal is one I could not resist and thanks to the IPAD 4, I can upgrade to the 3 and dump the 2 and never look back at the 1.

ehhhhh.....why not with the coupons, the cashback from discover a decent trade in offer from Amazon. I will be listing up the ipad 2 on craigslist for $320 and see what offers I get on it but honestly It will be shipped out to amazon and load up my account for black friday deals...WOOOT WOOOOT. $10 per month to use the ipad 2 and then upgrade into the ipad 3 and at a fraction. Thank good for apples greed and all these price drops, coupons, updates and gates.

Attachments

• money shot.jpg
    money shot.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 172
  • hawt pad.jpg
    hawt pad.jpg
    375.9 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:

faiz23

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 8, 2010
Most everyone on slickdeals has been receiving ipad with 5.1.1 which is perfect for quick and easy jailbreak. Mine was made in june before ios 6 in sept according to the serial in my support profile. I will be receiving the ipad Wednesday and currently it is in Anchorage, Alaska. Already picked up a brand new otterbox case from amazon warehouse deals for $36 and it is here waiting for prompt install. Looking at squaretrade no deductible or applecare+. I might just skip it all and save up for the next upgrade coming around the corner.

edit: Ended up selling the 1 week old applecare replacement with warranty till march 2013 to an asian lady on craigslist (we met at starbucks =P ) that could care less about the new ipad, the new new ipad, the mini new ipad, the march 2013 ipad 5. I got my $320 and sent that off to discover to cover the cost of the new tablet ;)

https://slickdeals.net/coupons/apple-store/

Attachments

• tracking.jpg
    tracking.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 112

faiz23

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 8, 2010
Ipad got delievered today which is 2 days before expected delievery all the way across the world. wifey signed for it and had it waiting for me after work. It was spotless and in perfect condition like I expected and went straight into the otterbox defender.

At home now at I can verify my serial is DK which means refurbished. Not one scratch or mark on the ipad and it went right into an otterbox defender case. I have not used the free smart case yet and probably will not for a little while. It is on 5.1.1 and already did jailbreak using ABSINTHE 2.0.4 which was extremely easy and already dumping all the apps and videos. Almost maxed out the memory built in and with jailbreak, I will run XBMC along with camera connection kit for unlimited GB of storage.

Model introduced: 2012
Serial number: DKXXXXXXXXXX (cleaned up from 'dkXXXXXXXXXX)
Request: If your iPad is made in Brazil then please let us know.
Production year: 2012
Production week: 23 (June)
Name: iPad 3
Model Number: MC705
Group1: iPad
Group2: WiFi
Generation: 3
Machine Model: iPad3,1
CPU speed: 1.0GHz
Family name: Become a pro user to see this information. (sorry)
Screen size: 9 inch
Screen resolution: 2048x1536 pixels
Colour: Black
Capacity: 16GB
Factory: DK (Refurbished)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.