iPad 3 Rumors?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Hopper200456, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Hopper200456 macrumors newbie

Hopper200456

"Hello everyone. Are you all seated comfortably? Good. Then lets begin."

Anywayz, yes. Hello.

I was wondering what your opinion was on the iPad 3. I mean, the iPad 2 isn't even a year old! Do you think they'd replace it? I'm mostly asking because I was planning of getting an iPad 2, but I don't want to buy one if a new one will come out weeks, or even months later! What do you think?

2. dischNoutTAspd macrumors regular

3. Hopper200456 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hopper200456

Um, I don't know. Is it? If there's a thread like these then where is it? 'Cause I'd happily just use that one.

4. ThatsMeRight macrumors 68020

The iPad 2 will be one year old when the iPad 3 is announced or in stores. Only one upgrade once a year is little: almost all the other companies in the world put out multiple gadgets a year.

If you don't want/need the iPad right now than I'd wait. The iPad 3 is expected to be a huge upgrade over the iPad 2. It's expected the iPad 3 will have a four times as many pixels as the current iPad 2, which means it will be remarkably sharp. The iPad 3 is also expected to have a better processor, and there are signs there might be a complete redesign.

5. MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000

If the iPad 3 has the Retina display it will be amazing.

6. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

There is a forum search in the upper right hand corner. Search for iPad 3 and you will find dozens of threads. Or just glance down, and you will see several just sitting there.

As for your question, Apple follows a yearly (approximately) upgrade cycle for most of its products, and the 2 came out about a year after 1, so I can't imagine why they wouldn't release a new iPad this year. The existence of it isn't in question, only the exact features.

7. Mess macrumors 6502

Mess

oh another thread on when is the iPad3 out...:rolleyes:

8. tanboom macrumors member

I don't think so!:rolleyes:

9. Akack macrumors 6502a