iPad 3 Rumors?

Hopper200456

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 2, 2012
Gallifrey
"Hello everyone. Are you all seated comfortably? Good. Then lets begin."

Anywayz, yes. Hello.

I was wondering what your opinion was on the iPad 3. I mean, the iPad 2 isn't even a year old! Do you think they'd replace it? I'm mostly asking because I was planning of getting an iPad 2, but I don't want to buy one if a new one will come out weeks, or even months later! What do you think?

ThatsMeRight

macrumors 68020
Sep 12, 2009
"Hello everyone. Are you all seated comfortably? Good. Then lets begin."

Anywayz, yes. Hello.

I was wondering what your opinion was on the iPad 3. I mean, the iPad 2 isn't even a year old! Do you think they'd replace it? I'm mostly asking because I was planning of getting an iPad 2, but I don't want to buy one if a new one will come out weeks, or even months later! What do you think?
The iPad 2 will be one year old when the iPad 3 is announced or in stores. Only one upgrade once a year is little: almost all the other companies in the world put out multiple gadgets a year.

If you don't want/need the iPad right now than I'd wait. The iPad 3 is expected to be a huge upgrade over the iPad 2. It's expected the iPad 3 will have a four times as many pixels as the current iPad 2, which means it will be remarkably sharp. The iPad 3 is also expected to have a better processor, and there are signs there might be a complete redesign.

porcupine8

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2011
There is a forum search in the upper right hand corner. Search for iPad 3 and you will find dozens of threads. Or just glance down, and you will see several just sitting there.

As for your question, Apple follows a yearly (approximately) upgrade cycle for most of its products, and the 2 came out about a year after 1, so I can't imagine why they wouldn't release a new iPad this year. The existence of it isn't in question, only the exact features.