iPad iPad 3 sim card?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by breezyf808, Mar 21, 2012.

1. breezyf808 macrumors regular

I am thinking of buying the 32gb 4g iPad because that's what's left at a target in my area.
    I was wondering if I put a current Iphone AT&T sim inside will the 3G or 4g connection work?

2. bursthead macrumors 6502

bursthead

Yes it will work.. If you get a verizon you will need to change the apn settings..

3. breezyf808 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the reply!!!
    I guess I lucked out it was gone when I went to go back.
    But overall good news to know #
    At least now I have a bigger screen to surf the net and stuff.
    I read that target's new iPads are verizon's version and if I do how and what do I change the apn too?

4. Dav1 macrumors 6502

Having both an iPad 1 and an iPad 3, I disagree. The iPad 3 requires a 4G sim card, this is different than the iPad 1 3G sim card. I suggest you give AT&T a call to verify what I've told you... They appear to be the same visually. By entering your account details, you can however transfer your account between the two...

5. bursthead macrumors 6502

bursthead

I've been running my iphone 4S ATT sim card in my Verizon ipad 3 for the past few days.. Ipad 1 sims are full size, but the newer ipads use microsims. Which are currently the same sims that come in the iphone 4 and 4S. You are correct that will need a micro sim that is 4g compatible. OP will still not be able to take advantage of 4G, but he will be able to use the 3g network using the iphone microsim.

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2012/03/16/verizon-ipads-micro-sim-slot-can-be-unlocked-to-use-att-3g/

----------

http://www.unlockit.co.nz

access that on your ipad when you get it... Only if you have a Verizon ipad 3...

6. biohead macrumors 6502

Just to clarify, iPad 1 3G's ALSO use the microsim format. No iPad has ever used a full size sim.

7. bursthead macrumors 6502

bursthead

thanks for the clarification.. I thought they used a full size sim my mistake.. I even had a ipad 1 64gb ATT:(, but all my following ipads have been Verizon. It's just recently with my new Ipad that i have gone back to using sim cards.;)

8. breezyf808 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the confirmation.. I guess maybe my option is too get a pre-paid plan. How does that work exactly?