iPad 3 speaker problem

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Fipad, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Fipad macrumors newbie

Not quite sure if it was presnt before updating ios6. but the ipad 3 is producing crackling hissing sound at highest volume. noticed it first when using siri. i experimented it and found that it tends to happen in some light to heavy songs. will it go over time as all the alert tones are just fine

2. mgsnat75 macrumors member

I have the same issue. I just got my iPad last week new out of the box. Strange as I never encountered an issue with another iPad 3 I used to have.

3. notme macrumors newbie

ipad 3 here, wifi 32 GB, and I have same problem, I need to put volume at 75%. If louder, with very specific sounds like voice+piano song, I hear cracking, distorted sound.

i am trying to remember if it was like that with ios5, or if it's a hardware problem :S

Any more news about this?

4. XPLICITTW1ST macrumors newbie

iPad 3 crackly speaker

I found that when my ipad started to crackle I plugged in my beats and unplugged them and it stopped instantly

Dunno if this helps anyone :)

5. iPad Retina macrumors 6502a

iPad Retina

Fix maybe

Bring it to Apple since its maybe covered by the 1 year warranty which covers defects or restore the ipad. hope that helps