iPad 3 stopped working after update to iOS 6?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by super chimp, May 1, 2013.

1. super chimp, May 1, 2013
    Last edited: May 1, 2013

super chimp macrumors 6502a

Completely mystified by this, my iPad 3 (wi fi + 3G) worked perfectly fine up until I tried to update to iOS 6 and then that was that.

Every time a new version of iOS 6 has appeared I have tried to get it out of recovery mode in which it is stuck permanently.

The circumstances are when I connect it to iTunes on my Windows 8 PC it gets as far as seemingly updating the software & firmware with the bar graph on the iPad getting all the way across on its screen and then at the last second it all freezes up and it comes up with a -1 error each time.

I have read this can be a hardware or software error.

Does anyone have an idea either what could be wrong with it and how to fix it, I mean why on earth would just stop working because I attempted to upgrade to a new version of iOS?

2. super chimp thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sorry to bump this thread but I assume by the lack of response my iPad 3 has had it?

3. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Have you tried placing your iPad in DFU mode? Google "iPad DFU" to get instructions.

4. super chimp thread starter macrumors 6502a

I don't believe this I haven't even had a chance to use my iPhone when I tried to update to 6.1.4 & now it's gone the same way as my iPad with the -1 error.