iPad iPad 3 themes?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by DougY, Jun 23, 2012.

1. DougY macrumors 6502

Ive been looking at Cydia, and cant find any themes written for iPad 3. Any suggestions?

2. Pascual macrumors newbie

I'm in the same postition. So far I've been using Suave HD (seen here) and it's pretty neat. I would really like to see the Jaku theme transition to the iPad.

3. chokem macrumors 6502

SE7EN HD
    BlackHaz3 HD

Both look and work superbly on my ipad3 running 5.1.1

4. Benson11 macrumors regular

Benson11

i agree with chokem.It really works very good.

5. PocketAppZ macrumors newbie

6. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

For me it's been Suave HD. Still waiting on that "one" theme to rock on my new iPad however it hasn't surfaced yet. The Metro theme does look very intriguing so Imma have to check that out.

7. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

just out of curiosity- are you guys experiencing some "slowdowns" or does the iPad3's 1GB RAM handle this efficiently?

8. toonz diggler macrumors member

Noob question, how do I install the weather widget for the BlackHaz3 theme?

9. PocketAppZ macrumors newbie

The theme I use runs just fine on my iPad 2, so I'm sure that particular theme would run fine on iPad 3 as well. For the record, I'm referring to HoneyPad Pro HD and it was (if I remember right) about 180MB. Has several themes inside it as well, with widgets and wallpapers, etc.

10. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

No. Themes will only use tiny amounts of RAM like Kilobytes or 1-3MB. Winterboard doesn't slow the device down either because it doesn't use CPU.

11. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

cool! so why do people always complain that their iPad is slowed down or even laggy?

12. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

Sweet! I got honeypad pro too but can you add more icons to the pages or are they just for widgets?

13. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

People pin it on Winterboard as a cause because it's widely thought it is the cause of slow downs. The more you add after you jailbreak the more potential it has to slow down. Much like a computer, the more stuff you add, the more it can cause slow downs. Saurik stated he has never found any reason why Winterboard would slow down a device or indeed has any jailbreak dev.

14. PocketAppZ macrumors newbie

You can. Tap the + icon in the top right of homescreen to configure. There are tabs so check them all and experiment! :)

15. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

oh i meant apps lol. instead of going to an "all apps page", could i add apps to pages?

16. PocketAppZ macrumors newbie

That's what I was talking about lol if you click the + sign, one of the tabs has options at the bottom for the app icon rows, how they are laid out. Then there are buttons that say Edit Mode and Shift Mode.

Edit Mode lets you pick where app icons go. Tap an icon and it will bring up a list of all apps, pick the one you want in that spot.
    Shift Mode lets you move the icons around. If you setup a larger grid, it should let you move icons there.

Don't know if there will be enough room for all your apps but that's the closest I can think of. Here are a couple of other nice themes I've tried and seem to still go back to.

SE7EN SD
    AfterMathHaz3
    MystiqueHaz3