iPad 3 to be Introduced February 24th?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by OwenMeasures, Jan 19, 2012.

1. OwenMeasures macrumors 6502

OwenMeasures

I have just read that Apple is set to introduce iPad 3 in February, is this true?

does anyone think Apple with just do the inside or cosmetics too?

2. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

Not sure if that's the exact date, but it is rumored to be in Feb.

3. OwenMeasures thread starter macrumors 6502

OwenMeasures

What is the normal time from Apple introducing a product to releasing it?

4. poloponies macrumors 68030

There's no "normal time". It can be announced with availability that day/week or announced with pre-orders for later delivery. It's different for every announcement.

5. johnnyturbouk macrumors 68000

johnnyturbouk

on the yellow [oled] brick road to tech nirvana.
    Wirelessly posted (Johnny iphone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Can't wait for a retina iPad

6. ThatsMeRight macrumors 68020

There is a 'normal timing': not by exact dates, but by days.

Usually Tuesday or Wednesday is the day for a big announcement. I suppose today was an exception (Apple's education event), but than again, I also suppose today's announcement weren't that big: it only affects Americans, and from those Americans it only affects students, and from those students it only affects those who are actually at a school using iPads in that way.

The announcement of, let's say, iPhone 4S affects all countries: a brand new product available in almost all countries around the world. And announcement of products like the iPhone 4S and iPad 2 have always occured on a Tuesday or Wednesday with the keynote starting at 10 AM.

7. berkleeboy210 macrumors 68000

Other reports are saying "early" Feb. for the announcement, but everything is a rumor until we hear it from Apple.

8. ejisfun macrumors regular

The gist of what I've been reading lately is announcement in early Feb, with release in late Feb/early March.

9. NameUndecided macrumors 6502a

Even though it's already pretty much a given that a new model is coming in the next month or two, I'd be really surprised if they let everyone know for sure what to expect next and then make us wait any longer than a week, with the iPad 2 sitting around in stores with a newfound inferiority complex.

10. Stocktrader macrumors member

11. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

Aaah really looking forward to the iPad release. It'll be the first Apple product I've bought since I got the iPhone 3G so I'm due a nice piece of kit :).

12. laurenr macrumors 6502a

Definitely significant; would be a fitting tribute to His Steveness!!:apple:

13. Falkowski83 macrumors newbie

Crossing my fingers for that release date to be true...

I'll go to US on Feb 28, returning to Brazil on March 9... And I will buy an Ipad. That is a fact. It would be a HUGE plus if the iPad 3 was released during that timeframe, so I can get it...

Definitely not cool to buy n iPad 2 to have the iPad 3 released the next week...

14. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

15. Hayman1995 macrumors newbie

The sooner the better, iPad one is good, but I'm looking for a power increase and a weight decrease.

16. WilliamG macrumors 604

Weight decrease unlikely. Power increase undoubtedly.

17. metanoiac macrumors member

Weight decrease compared to iPad 1 (as stated by OP) is secure. I am also still rocking the first version, and my wrists hurt... kind of.

18. Scarpad macrumors 68000

Scarpad

Ipad Lounge claims to have seen the outside layout for the 3 and the changes are negligible, think iPhone 4 to 4s.

If that's the case I may just jump ship, I sold my iPad 2 in prep for the 3 and i've seen what's forthcoming in the Android camp is starting to blow the iPad out of the water, new tablets from Asus and Acer are leading the Pack and Android 4.0 is pretty sharp, as are the assortment of apps starting to come out for it, expandable media, good screens, quad core processors, if the new iPad is simply a tweak I think it's time to look elsewhere, and someone tell apple 4x3 screens are very 2008

19. Zcott macrumors 68020

16:9 and 16:10 is great for watching movies but nothing else. Anything portrait mode is awful, and you just can't read a 16:10 book.

20. WilliamG macrumors 604

Missed the "one" part. Hey it wasn't a number! :D

Sure, I'm guessing iPad 3 won't way more than iPad 1.

21. baypharm macrumors 65816

baypharm

I'm sure it will be close to that date. Whether or not it will actually be available to purchase is another. But Canadian company Research in Motion is bringing their new tablet, the Playbook out around that time as well. It will have a high resolution screen among other enhancements. But of course the iPad really is the top of the line in tablet technology.

22. Batavian macrumors 6502

Batavian

Andy Inhatko is traveling to San Francisco on Feb 20th.

23. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

24. jamesryanbell macrumors 68020

jamesryanbell

There won't be "S" iterations of iPad.

Retina will make the gap between 2 and 3 MASSIVE in comparison with 1 and 2.

25. db123 macrumors member

Yes, I agree with you. I have both iPad and galaxy tab 8.9 - I prefer the iPad aspect ratio. It would be nice if android tablets start following this :D