iPad 3 to be Introduced February 24th?

OwenMeasures

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 17, 2011
London
I have just read that Apple is set to introduce iPad 3 in February, is this true?

does anyone think Apple with just do the inside or cosmetics too?

Gix1k

macrumors 68030
Jun 16, 2008
Not sure if that's the exact date, but it is rumored to be in Feb.

poloponies

Suspended
May 3, 2010
What is the normal time from Apple introducing a product to releasing it?
There's no "normal time". It can be announced with availability that day/week or announced with pre-orders for later delivery. It's different for every announcement.

ThatsMeRight

macrumors 68020
Sep 12, 2009
There's no "normal time". It can be announced with availability that day/week or announced with pre-orders for later delivery. It's different for every announcement.
There is a 'normal timing': not by exact dates, but by days.

Usually Tuesday or Wednesday is the day for a big announcement. I suppose today was an exception (Apple's education event), but than again, I also suppose today's announcement weren't that big: it only affects Americans, and from those Americans it only affects students, and from those students it only affects those who are actually at a school using iPads in that way.

The announcement of, let's say, iPhone 4S affects all countries: a brand new product available in almost all countries around the world. And announcement of products like the iPhone 4S and iPad 2 have always occured on a Tuesday or Wednesday with the keynote starting at 10 AM.

ejisfun

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2011
The gist of what I've been reading lately is announcement in early Feb, with release in late Feb/early March.

NameUndecided

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2011
The gist of what I've been reading lately is announcement in early Feb, with release in late Feb/early March.
Even though it's already pretty much a given that a new model is coming in the next month or two, I'd be really surprised if they let everyone know for sure what to expect next and then make us wait any longer than a week, with the iPad 2 sitting around in stores with a newfound inferiority complex.

Falkowski83

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2010
Crossing my fingers for that release date to be true...

I'll go to US on Feb 28, returning to Brazil on March 9... And I will buy an Ipad. That is a fact. It would be a HUGE plus if the iPad 3 was released during that timeframe, so I can get it...

Definitely not cool to buy n iPad 2 to have the iPad 3 released the next week...

Hayman1995

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2010
The sooner the better, iPad one is good, but I'm looking for a power increase and a weight decrease.

Scarpad

macrumors 68000
Jan 13, 2005
Ma
Ipad Lounge claims to have seen the outside layout for the 3 and the changes are negligible, think iPhone 4 to 4s.

If that's the case I may just jump ship, I sold my iPad 2 in prep for the 3 and i've seen what's forthcoming in the Android camp is starting to blow the iPad out of the water, new tablets from Asus and Acer are leading the Pack and Android 4.0 is pretty sharp, as are the assortment of apps starting to come out for it, expandable media, good screens, quad core processors, if the new iPad is simply a tweak I think it's time to look elsewhere, and someone tell apple 4x3 screens are very 2008

baypharm

Contributor
Nov 15, 2007
I'm sure it will be close to that date. Whether or not it will actually be available to purchase is another. But Canadian company Research in Motion is bringing their new tablet, the Playbook out around that time as well. It will have a high resolution screen among other enhancements. But of course the iPad really is the top of the line in tablet technology.

db123

macrumors member
Sep 7, 2011
16:9 and 16:10 is great for watching movies but nothing else. Anything portrait mode is awful, and you just can't read a 16:10 book.
Yes, I agree with you. I have both iPad and galaxy tab 8.9 - I prefer the iPad aspect ratio. It would be nice if android tablets start following this :D