Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

iPad 3 To Have Major Changes In Form Factor

whocaresit

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 18, 2010
Will the iPad 3 have a volume button or will it be removed to make it thineer?

jeremyshaw

macrumors 6502
Oct 29, 2011
Will the iPad 3 have a volume button or will it be removed to make it thineer?

how much thickness would the volume button even take up? It's on the iPod touch, and I find that insanely thin (to the point of being difficult to use, at times)...

Comment

anthonymoody

macrumors 68030
Aug 8, 2002
how much thickness would the volume button even take up? It's on the iPod touch, and I find that insanely thin (to the point of being difficult to use, at times)...

Exactly. And I would be bummed if they removed it and relegated volume to settings or the multi tasking tray unless the future iPad in question was *materially* thinner as a result.

As of this moment, the volume switch is not something that is likely preventing the iPad from being thinner. Jeez Apple's own custom 30 pin connector is probably itself thicker if you include whatever is behind the opening.

Comment

JeffMorse

macrumors regular
May 12, 2010
I don't think I want it any thinner either. At a certain point it becomes more difficult to carry around.

Comment

Michaelgtrusa

macrumors 604
Oct 13, 2008
This true indeed and so will the hands of those making them. It will be thiner i'm certain.

Comment

wickerman1893

macrumors 6502
Dec 16, 2008
The device needs to keep some of its physical features to retain its great look. IMO anyways.

Comment

ejisfun

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2011
I really hope the form factor doesn't change. The iPad 2 looks amazing how it does now. Plus, I don't want to have to go the first few months of owning my first iPad (I'm buying the 3 whenever it comes out) with bad cases from companies simply trying to push a case out. I've found several iPad 2 cases that I really like that I'll buy if it is indeed the same form factor.

Comment

psonice

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2005
If you think about it, you don't really need a volume control. If it's too loud, just stand further away.

Comment

Futhark

macrumors 65816
Jun 12, 2011
Northern Ireland
What's the question again? I couldn't hear you as my music was playing too loud and I couldn't find my volume button to turn it down :D

Comment

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
The OP really needs to stop trolling, either that or he has a very poor grasp of expressing himself properly.

I can't be the only one irritated when he posts a thread sounding like it has some new insight into Apple's next highly anticipated product, then proceeds to follow up with a lame musing/query of his own. :mad:

Comment

SR45

macrumors 65832
Aug 17, 2011
Florida
My crystal ball tells me that there will be no volume button, and SIRI will increase/lower the volume upon request.....:D

For the OP... Please re-read your original post prior to posting. You are asking us about a tablet that has no information released as of today, so how the heck can anyone know about a volume button or anything that is official ???

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.