iPad 3 to iPad Air 2

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mickeydean, Aug 4, 2015.

1. mickeydean macrumors 6502

Currently low on funds and hoping to buy the latest while my 3 still has some value.

Looking at refurbished from Apple when buying the latest. Do people buying refurbished recommend it?

$400 sale for iPad and $630 for a refurbished (both 64gb wifi). In Australia.

2. Conan86 macrumors 6502

I have a refurbished iPad Air 2, you won't be able to tell the difference except for the plain white box they're shipped in. Wouldn't hesitate to get anything from the refurbished section if I ever wanna get anything from Apple in the future.

3. batting1000 macrumors 604

I bought mine refurbished a few months ago and bought a refurbished Air 1 last year. You'd never know they were refurbished. I highly recommend Apple's refurbished products because they go through inspections before they are packaged up and include a new battery and casing so it's pretty much brand new.

4. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

I never buy anything refurbished from another company...except Apple. Apple is the only company that I know of that offers a 1 year warranty on refurbs (plus gives the device a new shell & battery). I've bought 3 refurbed iPads from them over the past 2 years. Best decision ever as I saved money, got a perfectly flawless product and still have the same warranty as a new product.

Highly recommended. Other than iPhones, I generally prefer to buy Apple's own refurns than new products.

5. newellj macrumors 601

Apple refurbs are the gold standard, as good as new.

The difference between the 3 and the Air 2 will completely amaze you, guaranteed (speaking as the former owner of the iPad 2, iPad 3 and Air, now having an Air 2).