iPad 3 to iPad Mini

Discussion in 'iPad' started by WRXiceman, Oct 23, 2012.

1. WRXiceman macrumors 6502

WRXiceman

After seeing it, I'm contemplating selling my iPad 3 and buying the iPad mini. It looks so nice and think it will complement my iphone 5 nicely. Just think the less weight and size would be really good and more convenient but not sure.

What do you think?

2. jojoba macrumors 68000

It comes down to your needs and your usage patterns. I need the additional screen size for work, and I use it extensively as a reader so I wouldn't give up on retina. For those two reasons, I'd never trade my 3gen for a mini. YMMV.

3. WRXiceman thread starter macrumors 6502

WRXiceman

I do like the retina display but I just think the mini would be more convenient. Not sure whether to switch or not

4. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

5. Zman5225 macrumors 6502a

I'm going to have to check out the display at the store before I go from my 3 to the mini. I really want to for the size and weight difference alone. I love the display on this tho.

6. Cdaddy112 macrumors member

seriously, explain the need for an iphone 5 and an ipad mini, give me a legit reason why that makes any sense

7. Ayemerica macrumors 65816

Ayemerica

I am "down grading" to a mini and giving my mom my iPad 3 and she can do whatever she wants with the iPad 2. The portability of the mini is just to attractive to pass up. Will be great to take to class.

8. dgdosen macrumors 65816

dgdosen

I'd say compare the display to a retina iPhone - it will probably look fuzzy - or the same resolution as an iPhone 3.

9. PDFierro macrumors 68040

I can see the point. One is a tablet, the other is a phone. I'm trying to decide what to do for a phone, keep my dumbphone or upgrade to an iPhone or the new Nexus. Do I really need a smartphone if I have the iPad Mini with me all the time?

But I can see why people would have both. Not hard to understand.

10. WRXiceman thread starter macrumors 6502

WRXiceman

Just watched the video about it. Apple's videos always pull me in even more. Knew I shouldn't have watched it :(