iPad 3 trying to contact kbs.aws.af.cm

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Ferry, Sep 24, 2013.

1. Ferry macrumors newbie

I bought a second-hand iPad 3 with a jailbroken iOS v6.0.2 on it. The guy I bought it from deleted everything from it, no Cydia apps left, no other App Store apps apart from stock apps, since I wanted to keep the jailbreak. First app I installed was Firewall IP, and found that every single app was trying to contact kbs.aws.af.cm . Of course, I disable it, stopping any connection, and then did a search, but I've been unable to find a single word about that url. If I try to load it in a browser, I get only an empty page with no code on it.

I thought it could be a keylogger, given the "kbs" bit, but again I was unable to find anything about iPad keyloggers trying to reach that site.

Any clue?

As a side question, would it be possible to restore this iPad again to 6.0.2 from scratch even if I have latest iTunes? That way I would be on the safe side, and could still jailbreak it.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Saluditos,

Ferrán.

2. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

If you are able to restore to iOS 6 it would be 6.1.3 unless you can find a copy of the SHSH blobs somewhere.

And Apple might not be signing 6.1.3 anymore so it would be iOS 7