iPad 3 UK release date?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mad-jamie16, Mar 2, 2012.

1. mad-jamie16 macrumors regular

I know the iPad 2 was a few weeks after the American release, so when do you think they will release the 3 in the other 25 main countries?

2. MasterHowl macrumors 65816

MasterHowl

I think they'll release it at the same time as they do in America (maybe the day after).

Or maybe I'm just being over-optimistic :D

3. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

4. mad-jamie16 thread starter macrumors regular

haha yeah, i was hoping that. I was thinking they've started releasing every iPhone at the same time as in America so I don't see why they can't release it at the same time. Then again the longer the wait is from the announcement the longer I have to get time off work to queue at the Apple store, because I doubt they're going to allow preorders!

5. Tom8 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

When did they start taking online orders in the UK for the iPad 2, when it was first released?

6. Onimusha370 macrumors 6502a

I'm guessing it'll be out in America on the 16th, and then we'll get it a week later over here, but it'd be great if we got it on the same day!
    Can't wait to queue up again :)

7. crghwkns macrumors member

I sold my iPad 2 on Tuesday. God, it's going to be a long month!

8. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4s: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

23rd or 30th it'll be 2 weeks after the u.s

9. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

Again? Nobody knows. All you can read are wild guesses based on random speculation over a product which hasn't been announced yet. :rolleyes:

10. Onimusha370 macrumors 6502a

I wouldn't call it random speculation, you only have to look back over the last few years to see when products make there way over to the Uk. The iPad 2 took 2 weeks after its launch in America to launch in the uk, so we can say pretty safely it wont be any longer than that. Seeing as apple are always trying to shorten the time between it's product launches, theres a chance it could ship just 1 week after, or even the same day, just like the 4S in October.
    Sure it hasn't been announced... But we know when it will be announced, and we can make some good estimates to when it'll ship :)

11. RockerDude macrumors newbie

Who thinks you will be able to pre-order in the UK?

This will be my first iPad and I can't wait to get one! However, I don't really want to stand in a long line on launch day. Was the iPad 2 available to pre-oreder in the UK last year?

12. homeboy macrumors 6502

High 5 to that. US and UK release on the same day just like with the iPhone 4S. Cross-Atlantic equality.