iPad iPad 3: Unresponsive Home Button (iOS 6)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Boberts227, Dec 23, 2012.

1. Boberts227 macrumors newbie

I have a 3rd generation iPad (64gb Verizon) and shortly after I upgraded to iOS 6, I noticed that the home button would not immediately respond when clicked, especially double clicking. I've tried the home button recalibration method and that remedies the problem for a time, but it always returns.

There is a thread on the Apple support forums about this issue and I just wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this with their iPad. I am going to make a Genius appointment and see what happens. I think this is a software related issue, as I just purchased my device in March.

https://discussions.apple.com/message/19762320#19762320

2. gmccj macrumors newbie

It happened to me. The Genius said that if he could not get the button to work after four tries, Apple would replace the the iPad, which it did at the store (back it up before you take it in).

3. Boberts227 thread starter macrumors newbie

I think that I am going to attempt to recieve a replacement before my warranty is up. The issue seems to occur more often when there are many apps still open in the background; once they are cleared the issue seems to dissipate for some time. Quite annoying though.