iPad iPad 3 Unstable after Jailbreak

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Zodiak, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Zodiak macrumors regular

Hello all,

Alright so here is what happened.

I had my iPad 3 all pretty with 5.1.1 jailbroken with everything i had the way i wanted it. Someone then comes along and uses it it and even though it's not theirs, goes ahead and goes into the app store and clicks "Update All". At that point, I could not associate the "Update All" function causing this problem.

Since then, iPad has been restarting every 5-10 seconds and has been unusable. Until very recently, I couldn't even restore it but thankfully I can now and I have.

Here is my question. Since updating apps on the app store reportedly causes instabilities on jailbroken IOS device because of Apple, is there any fix or workaround? Has anyone done anything about this on Cydia?

Thank you :)

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I never heard of such thing.
    I always update all my appstore apps on my JB ipad, iphone, ipod touch and have been for years now with no probs.

3. Zodiak thread starter macrumors regular

I'm sure I read about this from a reliable website but I can't find it now so we will disregard that idea then.

What would cause my iPad to crash and reboot every 5-10 seconds after jailbreaking without anything installed in cydia?

I have retored and jailbroken twice now using Redsn0w 0.9.15b2 and nothing seems to have gone wrong.

I appreciate any help :)

4. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Hold down the volume up button as you boot, remove the hacks one or two at a time until you find the issue, unless you can figure out what was just updated

5. Zodiak thread starter macrumors regular

I dont have anything from cydia except cydia itself. i have another non-jailbroken iPad 3 with all the same apps that are fully updated. The same apps on mine, after doing Update All, causes instability and crash every 5-10 seconds.

6. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

You could remove all the AppStore apps from your iPad one-by-one, followed by a complete reset, to see whether it was causing the problem.

(BTW, no such problems on my 5.1.1 iPad 3 4G 64GB, full of AppStore apps and Cydia tweaks. All of them legal, no pirated warez from either Cydia or AppStore.)