iPad 3 wait ?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Ciwan, Sep 3, 2011.

1. Ciwan macrumors newbie

Hi Guys

Does anyone know of a rough estimate on when the iPad 3 will be coming out ?

I'm prepared to wait 5 to 6 months, otherwise I might get an iPad 2.

Thanks

2. MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000

3. Ciwan thread starter macrumors newbie

Oops my bad, I didn't know there were many of these threads around. Can you link me to one, I searched and got nothing :confused:

4. Ciwan thread starter macrumors newbie

5. TheUndertow macrumors 6502

You think you're the only one asking? About as likely as this being the "first post" about the subject.

It will be out in 2012...likely early in the year...whether you should wait or not depends on your personal circumstance.

6. Ciwan thread starter macrumors newbie

7. markfc macrumors 6502a

markfc

I was in the same boat till this morning.

I'm now typing this on my ipad2 and dont regret it one bit!

8. bufffilm macrumors 68040

bufffilm

i hope you're prepared to wait 6 months because i think it'll be april before the ipad3 comes out.

9. boy-better-know macrumors 65816

boy-better-know

Just buy it. Not hard to slap it on ebay when the 3 comes out. Thats what im doing

10. swedefish macrumors 6502

The market for used Apple products is great. I currently own an iPad 1 that I am looking to sell to get an iPad 2, and I am confident that once the iPad 3 comes, I will be able to sell the iPad 2 and recoup a reasonable sum towards the iPad 3. Unlike tech products with zero resale value, after you pay the premium for your first Apple device, you will almost always be able to upgrade at a much lower cost thanks to the great resale value.

11. roberthodgson macrumors regular

I bought an IPad 2 on launch day and will pickup an IPad 3 when it's released next year.
    If you decide to get a current IPad 2 you will not be disappointed. You can allways sell the IPad 2 when you get the new one next year.

12. seong macrumors 65816

seong

The thing is, Apple can release them whenever they want to. This next release is going to be their 3rd generation of iPad, so it could be anytime. Maybe they'll release all iDevices refresh during fall and all Macs during summer. If Apple think A6 chips will not be ready until summer of 2012, then they might just do a small refresh, say a 2mp camera and better ppi density this fall or coming spring. There hasn't been any rumors about iPad 3, so personally I don't think it's going to come out this fall.

13. johnnyturbouk macrumors 68000

johnnyturbouk

on the yellow [oled] brick road to tech nirvana.
    i ha d an ipad 2 - didn't really like it much as i was at home a lot

Sold it

Now I'm working again, constantly on the move, so grabbed a bargain ipad1 off flea bay, coupled with JB + dropbox and the zaggmate-case

I know have a fully functional tablet that for my needs is as productive as the air would be! My 17" MBP would be impractical to take to work and carry-around when i am away

PS Goodreader is an absolutely fantastic app to read from, and i have now transferred a lot of my books to Goodreader, since i have Exams in 5/6 months!

14. saberahul macrumors 68040

Thanks for what? One person answered your question... anyways, iPad 1 and 2 came out around March. I'd expect 3 to do the same. Anyhow, I bought mine 1 week ago. Why? I need it... idc about the wait as there will always be a newer version coming out.

15. hcho3 macrumors 68030

5-6 months is like 5-6 years in tech world. Something new comes out in every days and months in tech.

16. Ksizzle9 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_10 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E600 Safari/6533.18.5)

I waited til all of the tablet devices of this gen came out before I made my decision. I'm not lOyal to any one brand. Needless to say, I pick my iPad up from fedex Tuesday morning. I tried them all, even bought a $99 touch pad. The iPad smokes them all. Can't wait until tuesday to pick that dual core beast up.

17. George Knighton macrumors 6502a

George Knighton

I went ahead and got an iPad 2 as well, but I didn't go all out the way that I did with the first iPad.

First iPad I got a 64GB 3G model.

With the iPad 2, I went with a 32GB WiFi model, specifically because I knew I'd jump on the higher resolution iPad if it ever got here.

I don't miss the storage one bit, and connectivity with the iPhone 4 is just fine.

18. Invincibilizer macrumors 6502a

Invincibilizer

You answered your own question. He partly based his decision on the response and decided to wait and he thank the forum for the response.

19. mncmoore macrumors regular

mncmoore

20. RossMc macrumors 65816

RossMc

Sorry to tell you but when the iPad 3 does come out you may as well wait the extra 12 months for the iPad 4 because it's going to be better:rolleyes:

21. Gunny011 macrumors regular

Just buy the iPad 2 now, and the best time to sell it would be a few weeks before christmas, especially if it is in good condition as you will probably get most of your £ back. Then just wait a few months before the 3.