iPad 3 warranty already started

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mcl, Mar 14, 2012.

1. mcl macrumors regular

If you log into My Support Profile (https://supportprofile.apple.com), you'll see that the iPad 3 you ordered is already registered to your Apple ID (that in itself is annoying if you bought one as a gift).

More annoying is that the clock has already started on your warranty. I ordered two on March 7. They went into "Preparing for Shipment" on March 10, and "Shipped" on March 12. Of course, the earliest I could possibly get my hands on them is March 16.

Yet, if you go in and check the coverage, you'll see it expires before March 16, 2013. In my case, it expires March 10, 2013 (the date they went into "preparing for shipment").

2. cipad macrumors member

Same here. I guess if you have an issue between March 10 and 16 next year you can still complain. It's quite easy to prove you did not have it before March 16 ;)

3. mcl thread starter macrumors regular

Unless they're doing this to people that ordered with delivery dates later than March 16, too. I'd hate to be someone with a delivery date 3-4 weeks out who might have a warranty that's only 11 months long instead of 12 because they did this.

Could someone with a non-March 16 delivery date check and confirm whether or not this happened?

4. LennyFL macrumors member

I had this same problem with my Dell. "Your Warranty expired on Nov 11th. "But I didn't get it until the second week of December". "Your waranty expired.........

It took me 2 days and screaming at 10 different Customer Suppport people in India. Eventually they took care of it but, it was a pain in the ...

Lenny

5. RafMac macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

would you just unregister then re-register once you receive it in your hands.