iPad 3 with keyboard: useful?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by PaulWog, Apr 11, 2012.

1. PaulWog Suspended

I'm considering selling my Macbook Air (2011) and buying an iPad 3.

I've found since I bought my Macbook Air, all I use it for is email, typing, internet, and having fun with the touchpad swipe features. I'm almost always on my desktop. I think an iPad might actually be more useful. I'm also quite picky about screens, and the Macbook Air's screen leaves something to be desired.

I'm wondering whether the iPad, using a physical keyboard, is just as useful for note-taking?

There are a couple of iPads in the house already, and I find I can type quite fast with them on their touchscreens (70+ words per minute), but I type much faster, more accurately, and more comfortably with a physical keyboard. I've seen the cases with keyboards on them for the iPad: useful in the real-world?

2. christophermdia macrumors 6502a

christophermdia

I bought a keyboard for my iPad 2/3 and it's one of the best investments I've ever made. I got the Zagg case/keyboard. When I go on a trip, I put the iPad in it and I can much more productive because of it. I can type fine on the on-screen keyboard but I am much more accurate and effective with a physical keyboard.

3. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

Agreed. I have that case and also the Zaggfolio. Both are great.

4. Getitdone macrumors member

I have found that the keyboard is very useful at times and am glad that I bought it. I don't use it all that often - but it is awesome to have on hand when I need it.

I use the Origami case and it has worked very well for my purposes, but for someone who uses it more often the Zaggfolio would work better.