iPad 3

Discussion in 'iPad' started by LouieSamman, Mar 20, 2011.

1. LouieSamman macrumors 6502a

LouieSamman

Yes I know the iPad 2 just came out and already we are speculating the next iPad but thats what this website is all about. Speculating on future devices.

So in that said and what we have finally seen and used from the iPad 2, what should we at most see from the iPad 3.

Everyone knew that there were going to be cameras on the iPad 2.

What is going to be the "good known" update to see from iPad 3?

2. NutsNGum macrumors 68030

NutsNGum

3. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

1: Better Camera's
    2: Better screen - I'm still unsure if it's going to be 4x the current rez as that's a lot to ask still.
    3: A bit faster CPU and GPU
    4: Hopefully fix the backlight bleeding issue.
    5: possibly, just possibly a SD card slot, thought I'm not convinced.

4. michael.lauden macrumors 68020

michael.lauden

5. schmoopy.design macrumors regular

6. LouieSamman thread starter macrumors 6502a

LouieSamman

Better Camera's always comes with the update so we should expect that.

Retina Display is something I hope to be the "well known" update to come to the iPad 3. But it is still hard to tell.

3 is obvious to come

4. Hopefully.

5. No I don't see them doing this. They don't want to continue adding more physical parts to the device as it will leave out space for thinness and weight.

Yup. lol

Yes it would. What I am hoping is that Apple comes out with a TV with a built in Apple TV software in it that can be used to display your iPad screen wirelessly to the TV rather than using that Port that Apple has made with the iPad 2.

Apple has already done it with Airplay with certain apps but they need to get it to display the entire iPad screen instead. What I mean is to show the home screen, lock screen.. ect.

7. -iMatt- macrumors newbie

Don't forget the espresso machine.

8. furcinator macrumors newbie

iPad 3 will have Retina (or better than iPad 2) Display, better cameras (maybe a flash on rear camera) and LTE 4G connection, slight redesign exterior

iPad 4 will have even better cameras and much faster CPU and GPU and a dramatic redesign exterior

9. Meanee macrumors 6502a

You sound so sure.

Like all blogs out there sounded sure, with proof, that iPad 2 will have Retina display, right?

10. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

one thing you can count on for sure with iPad3 is ... long line-ups

11. noobinator macrumors 601

I'm more interested in iPad 5. I feel by this time the market and Apple will be ready to take the device to new heights. Why bother with 1-4? They are all crap.

12. thesmoth macrumors 6502

-High clocked dual core A9 cpu (maybe quad core, depends how common they are then). Technically a quad core a lower clock speed could be easier on battery life.

-Quad core GPU

-possibly 1 gig of ram

-Retina display

-Possibly thinner or bigger battery

-Lightpeak (everyone wants USB, but they'll give us lightpeak with an expensive and cumbersome USB adapter).

-Better cameras

Better camera, more ram, faster CPU, faster GPU, those are just expected upgrades that you NEED. The retina display, lightpeak, and possible lighter thinner body (maybe new material, maybe new battery technology, etc...) would be the big wow factors.

13. furcinator macrumors newbie

Anyone who believed retina display would be in iPad 2 really doesn't understand this industry or apple. Besides the fact of screen size/pixel density/cost which would have been issues for Retina in iPad 2, you need to understand apple releases in increments, such as how they purposely left out cameras in first iPad

14. LouieSamman thread starter macrumors 6502a

LouieSamman

Thats exactly what I am hoping for with the iPad 3.

Retina Display, LTE 4G, and a redesign.

But what makes you thing the iPad 4 will have the bigger redesign? are you going along with with how Apple did a big redesign with the iPhone 4 so you think the big redesign will be on the iPad 4 also?

Could be but I feel a great redesign to come in the 3rd generation to go along with the retina display.

Also no one has mentioned the removal of the home button.

I believe the home button will move to become a side button to have more space in the front with less bezel.

15. showme-crawdad macrumors newbie

I just ordered my iPad 3 and won't ship for 12 months! I keep refreshing my order status and still hasn't moved to "prepared for shipment" Someone else ordered one AFTER me and it is shipping in 11 months & 3 weeks. UNFAIR!!! This is crap I'm calling customer support! Obviously Apple hasn't learned anything from the iPad 2 launch.

As soon as I get a shipping notice I'll bore everyone with the details with updates every 5 minutes as it makes it trip.

16. eclipseblur954 macrumors regular

17. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

18. Nightarchaon macrumors 65816

Nightarchaon

no, its not going to be magical, it will be a Post-Magical device, in the iPad 3 box will be an empty space where you can imagine the iPad 3 to be whatever you want, but you cant imagine apps for it, because the EULA says you have to buy them via the App store and have 30% of them imagined by an apple employee on your behalf.

19. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

Being serious:

Same form-factor (they invested all of that $ in smart covers, they'll probably make it so they work with the iPad 3 as well). We'll probably see an Apple A6 processor, retina display, FaceTime HD, 1080p video recording, and 128GB model. Hopefully a unified SKU (wifi and both 3G bands in one device vs. 3 separate versions).

20. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

My only issue with a retina display, which does not exist, it's only a silly Apple name, so let's be adult and say a 2048x1536 screen res.

Is that it's going to soak up a major speed up just to use such a display and keep the same speed we have now.

We would have to be able to throw four times the pixels around, and a REAL 4x, not an Apple, "in some cases up to 4X statement."

It does seem a lot to ask, and/or a lot to throw away in power.

21. LouieSamman thread starter macrumors 6502a

LouieSamman

I can understand the amusing factor and pointing a finger at all apple fans with this statement but you got to understand that people are way excited and love to share with other people even if it is info on their shipment.

And yes I know you are making fun of how I want to already talk about iPad 3.

IDK if you are just amusing us or making fun of those people.

22. jb007clone macrumors 6502

jb007clone

Even greater cloud integration & NFC. You're going to see the iPad and the iPhone interact in some pretty awesome ways.

23. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

sprinkle it with some Disney Magic:)

And give it a new Software UI!

24. showme-crawdad macrumors newbie

First of all let me say I'm a huge Apple fan and have been since I made the switch back in 2005 with the purchase of my Powerbook G4. I've had several Macbooks since then along with an iMac, iPod and 3 versions of the iPhone and an Apple TV so I'm not just some troll stirring up trouble.

Not poking fun at iPad 3 speculation or wish list at all!

I do understand getting excited about new products. However it seems to me from reading some of the posts in these forums that some people have just gone way overboard and completely bat ***** nuts. So my tongue-in-cheek post was poking fun at those who have hit the refresh button on their order status every 30 seconds, 24 hours a day, since 1:01 a.m. PST on the 11th of March, etc.

25. Nishi100 macrumors 6502a

...and:
    a 5mp camera, with flash;
    LTE 4G.